What do I need for Wii?

XNickX

WiiChat Member
Sep 29, 2007
Home
Wii Online Code
6095-4862-1888-2565
What do I need for Wii? Like would I need a nunchuck or a classic controller? Do I need a charger for the remotes and do I need a memory card, or does it have one?

Last edited:
I suggest having 2 Wii Remotes and 2 Nunchucks for starters. Also, if you'll be purchasing VC games, then you might want to get a Classic Controller (only if you don't have a GC Controller). You don't need a Wii Remote charger, but if you want to save batteries, then I suggest it. Finally, the Wii comes with a small hardrive so a memory card is not needed. If you will be buying a lot of games, then you might want to consider one.

kewl thankies! right now I only want like 2 or 3 games lol

Yeah, I'd get 2 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchuks, along with 1 or 2 Gamecube controllers so you can play classic GC games. GC controllers work with some virtual console games too.

Even though, as FR. said, the Wii has built-in memory, I'd recommend getting a SD card just in case to backup your data in the event of failure.

I just went out and got a Wii, an extra wiimote and chuck controller. I also popped in some memory and I'm doing fine with that. I'm not sure yet about the need for any other controllers. I just play them with the wiimote. Hope that helps. I'm new here as well. Get my Wii # we should msg there sometime if ya want?

you don't NEED anything it comes with everything you need to play games at least.

if you want to play w/ friends: Wiimote and nun-chuck.

If you want to buy lots of vc games: SD card, classic controller maybe.

If you want to play online: LAN adapter or wireless router.

a charger or standard rechargable double A batteries is a good idea.

Yea extra wiimote and nunchuck, a classic controller or some vc controllers, and as far as charging i just got one of those double a battery wall chargers that holds four batteries in it. I have four charging in the wall and 2 in each of my remotes so if the wiimotes die, i just swap out the dead batteries for the ones in the wall and let those charge. That way you never have to worry about no 'mote-juice':ihih:

id say just get another wiimote, another nunchuck, and if you plan on getting any virtual console games or gc games a few gamecube controllers would be good since they can be used on both, and a SD card thats at least 512 mb so you can back up all of your wii memory.

wow like the system, 3 games I want, 2 extra controllers, a memory card,, and the charger all adds up to be like $500 that's gonna be hard to afford :( well maybe xmas...

not sure if it's been stated already here or not but the Wii memory card is jsut an SD card, like for a camera. all u have to do is format it for your wii.. most ppl have some of those since all cameras pretty much use them now.

Defiantley get a battery charger! I got one with 4 batteries for £15.

Well, I personally would wait to buy an extra wiimote and nunchuck.
I have, and I found myself satisfied with Wii Sports. So if you want to keep the cost down, do that, but also be sure to pick up a game as well.

Zelda Twilight Princess is great, and Metroid Prime 3 is excellent.
Then later on down the road, you may want an extra wiimote and nunchuck.

And if you really liked Wii Sports, there is Wii Play, where you get 9 different mini-games as well as a wiimote, so its a good deal if your looking into getting another wiimote.

Also, by Christmas there will be more great games out, so its a good time to pick up a Wii.

FoamRocket said:
Isn't there some kind of cable one needs in order to improve the picture quality a bit for the Wii?

YES! It is a component cable. Uses a three jack cluster of wires with the ends color coded green, blue, and red. (does not include audio cable) This cable significantly improves picture quality and makes the games fill up the entire screens if you have a wide screen High Def LCD TV.

Component video supports higher resolutions and progressive scan, so if your video is running at 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, (or, for that matter, any other resolution which your source and display devices both support), you can make use of the full capabilities of your equipment.

I highly recommend one.

Back