Just got a Wii... what else do I need to buy?

Oh and when you get the serial number for the wii you can order 4 free sillicone jackets from nintendo

Last edited:
I'm not sure I follow... what is a dree silicone jacket? Is it something for the controller?

Apple Guy said:
Oh and when you get the serial number for the wii you can order 4 dree sillicone jackets from nintendo
Seen them, used them, hate them. I'll keep my colorful thin ones, even though they're hard to get on and off.

'I meant to say free
And i got them
Theres nothing wrong with them there just not so stylish!! :D

lol i never knew they gave away free jacket things for the wiimote i just placed in a order for 3 myself :lol:

Evi1Jake said:
I just ordered a Wii and should get it in a few days. I only got the entry level Wii, not extras with it. That being said, what do I need or what should I get? Do I need to get a specific Wii SD card or is there any internal memory?
  • Immediate purchases recommendations in order of priority:
    • get these rechargable batteries
    • does your TV support component cables? get this one
    • 1-3 more remotes
      • you know how many you need
      • get a nunchuk for each
    • got money left over for the smallest keyboard?
    • then buy the largest SD-Card, but only when you see you're going to run low on space
      • you'll have much time before you need this SD Card. :yesnod:

get another pair of controlers dont really need to much memory if u dont have alot of games dont forget to pre-order super smash bros brawl try to get more games

An SD card can also be useful if you want to listen to music in some games (endless ocean, excite truck, etc). You can also get save files off the internet if you get an SD card, and take your saves to your friends house if they have a wii. Its not really needed as far as space goes. I've had my wii for a year and have plenty of space left in internal memory, then again I don't really buy many VC games, only have three.

As someone said the internet channel is 5$ so you might want to get a wii points card for that. You can get these easily for free of the internet if you don't mind signing up and canceling offers here and there.

You may also want to pick up a wireless sensor bar, depending on if wires bother you or not. The wire that comes with the wii sensor bar is super long and so you shouldn't have a problem putting it where you want, wireless is just if you don't like the wire.

If you plan on playing brawl or gamecube games you'll need gamecube controllers (for better control in brawl and to play gamecube games) and a gamecube memory card (not needed for brawl, but for gamecube games).

Last edited:
Skorp said:
As someone said the internet channel is 5$ so you might want to get a wii points card for that. You can get these easily for free of the internet if you don't mind signing up and canceling offers here and there.

huh? the internet channel costs money? whatre you smoking?

Back