Wii Shop without Internet

intekmdma said:
13db antenna. where do u get this at >< hook me up with a link i only got 7:yikes:
Upon closer inspection of my wifi setup, I don't have a 13db outdoor omni, it's really a 15db hi gain indoor corner antenna made by Hawking Technologies. But I have used it outdoors and turning it to make it omni directional to pick up lots of APs (max APs I've picked up with antenna and Netstumbler was 40) :D .

If you're truely looking for a 13+db outdoor omni directional wifi antenna, Dlink has the 15db ANT24-1500. Cisco/Linksys also have a couple of them as well.

MaxCapacitor said:
Upon closer inspection of my wifi setup, I don't have a 13db outdoor omni, it's really a 15db hi gain indoor corner antenna made by Hawking Technologies. But I have used it outdoors and turning it to make it omni directional to pick up lots of APs (max APs I've picked up with antenna and Netstumbler was 40) :D .

If you're truely looking for a 13+db outdoor omni directional wifi antenna, Dlink has the 15db ANT24-1500. Cisco/Linksys also have a couple of them as well.

would i be able to have the antenna connected to my linksys router?

I've heard that you can store VC games to the Remote as well. Can anyone confirm this? (Mines boxed up till Christmas :( )
If so then you could download VC games at a friends house (who had a Wii and internet). And then take them home.

intekmdma said:
would i be able to have the antenna connected to my linksys router?
Well, the website says it comes with an N to RP-SMA cable (RP-SMA connectors are what most consumer routers have).

Since you have a Linksys, you may want to check your manual or check the internet to see if you have an RP-TNC or RP-SMA male connector on the back of your router.

Mindstalker said:
I've heard that you can store VC games to the Remote as well. Can anyone confirm this?... If so then you could download VC games at a friends house... then take them home.
I didn't see any options, on my Wii, for me to save VC games onto the remote (or any documentation in the supplied manuals), only the ability to save up to 10 Mii's on the remote.

What I did find in the manual was it stated you couldn't share VC games on other Wii's using an SD card. So if you downloaded it on your friend's Wii, it's not going to work on yours.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you don't have thre internet, I soon found out that my Wireless router does work with my Wii, but not DS. Anyway, hope you can work it out!:thumbsup:

MindStalker said:
I've heard that you can store VC games to the Remote as well. Can anyone confirm this? (Mines boxed up till Christmas :( )
If so then you could download VC games at a friends house (who had a Wii and internet). And then take them home.

Nope. Can't be done. The remote only has 6kb of storage - every game uses more space than that. So even if it was possible to transfer to the remote, you'd only be able to fit a sixth of an NES game on there.

Back