Wii storage solution coming in March?

yeah 32gb of flash memory would put nintendo out of business. I imagine that would make their console more expensive than ps3 was

32 GB will be free in your breakfast cereal in 2011, which is the earliest we're gonna see another console from the House of Mario.

i still dont understand why the wii didnt include a hard drive from the beginning. with all the money they overcharged you for a wii in the first place youd think they couldve thrown you a 20 gb hard drive or somthing.

i still dont understand why the wii didnt include a hard drive from the beginning. with all the money they overcharged you for a wii in the first place youd think they couldve thrown you a 20 gb hard drive or somthing.
businesses are in it to make money. nickel & diming us is making nintendo lots of money.

Cause then it would have $300 instead of $250.

Cause then it would have $300 instead of $250.

wrong. the wii's technology was 6 years old when it came out, they way overcharged for the wii and made a killing b/c of it. what i was saying was they couldve thrown in a small hard drive at no cost to them.

wrong. the wii's technology was 6 years old when it came out, they way overcharged for the wii and made a killing b/c of it. what i was saying was they couldve thrown in a small hard drive at no cost to them.

what? are you stupid? of course it would have cost them. they would have had to pay for those hardrives somehow.

but the tech they are using is old and shouldn't cost much right?

but the tech they are using is old and shouldn't cost much right?

what? since when has that had anything to do with it?

from a business standpoint, nintendo has been pretty smart about this. how much has a lack of storage cost them? think about it. answer. not much. limited dlc, limit to VC games, neither has cost them much. but you can argue 'well i can only hold x VC games", but not quite, since once you buy them, you can redownload tihem time and again. as for DLC, on GHWT you can store dlc songs on sd cards fine.
now they are most likely going to somehow force us to pay for more space.

what? are you stupid? of course it would have cost them. they would have had to pay for those hardrives somehow.

wow is it that hard of a concept to understand? initially nintendo made like $100 off each console while microsoft and sony lost money on each console (typically it takes about a year for a console to become cheap enough to produce to make up for lost revenue) so they were already ahead of the game there, overcharging for six year old technology is a dick move in the first place.

what i was suggesting was they couldve thrown in a small hard drive and made 80-90 off each console instead of nickel and diming their customers even more.

so technically they wouldnt be losing money, anything over that 150 it cost to produce the console at time of launch is gravy.

please do not call me stupid just because you cant understand a simple concept.

The estimate is Nintendo makes $6 profit on just the console itself. There are other estimates of the average profit Nintendo makes per console when you factor in game and accessory sales. Those are higher, of course.

The estimate is Nintendo makes $6 profit on just the console itself. There are other estimates of the average profit Nintendo makes per console when you factor in game and accessory sales. Those are higher, of course.

well thats not what i read. i believe my information came from game informer but wich issue i couldnt tell you. do you have a source? just curious.

Here's a quote from an article in Forbes:

But here's the winning point: Unlike its competitors, Nintendo has figured out how to make money from its console sales. Sony loses money on each Playstation sold. Microsoft might just break even. But every Wii brings in $6 of operating profit for Nintendo, says David Gibson, an analyst at Macquarie Securities.

Here's the link to the whole thing:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/28/nintendo-wii-wii2-tech-personal-cz-cs-1201wii.html

I think what you might be thinking of is the manufacturing cost. I found an article that talked about someone chopping up a Wii and pricing all its parts. Manufacturing is just part of the cost. The profit per console is nowhere near retail price minus manufacturing cost.

Back