Wii Tennis

If you think a 2 player game is fun, try getting a full fledged doubles match going with 4 players. It's even more fun in a crowded room trying not to hit anyone or break anything :).

Tennis is great but one thing got overlooked....

I love the game but... why the hell isn´t there the option to go singles? One on one tennis game. I don´t understand why this dind´t make it into the game:mad5:

The game's okay, but I can't do the second training for it, the one where you have to hit it in the right zone.

fllysurfer said:
I love the game but... why the hell isn´t there the option to go singles? One on one tennis game. I don´t understand why this dind´t make it into the game:mad5:
Yeah, that's something that really should have been in the game I think.

Nah it's meant to be MULTIPLAYER and it is 1 On 1 you control one side they control other side. Just don't use your front guy and sorted

I played it yesterday for the first time and it is great very funny. I'm looking forward to play with the wife on the 31st of december and probably not speaking for the whole next year ;) because we are quarreling about who mist the ball.

Yeah guys the Wii is awesome

Keep in mind that Wii Sports is just a simple demonstration of what you can do with the Wii's technology. There will be more complex games of all of those sports, and not just tennis.

I love playing 4 player with my buddies and being drunk off our asses.
(make sure to secure the wrist strap)

Easy

fllysurfer said:
One on One tennis would be both pointless and easy.

The whole difficulty of singles is the fact you have to race around court tiring yourself out. Since the Mii does all the running all you have to do is concentrate on hitting. ALSO: The computer can return practically any ball hit anywhere, so where is the challenge?

If you played it against a person, then any of the extreme right/left shots will be instant winners. Thats not even wiimotely fun

Tiwaking said:
One on One tennis would be both pointless and easy.

The whole difficulty of singles is the fact you have to race around court tiring yourself out. Since the Mii does all the running all you have to do is concentrate on hitting. ALSO: The computer can return practically any ball hit anywhere, so where is the challenge?

If you played it against a person, then any of the extreme right/left shots will be instant winners. Thats not even wiimotely fun

Erm, what :confused: no it can't.. I play the highest level guys, and I can almost beat 'em without them winning any points. You just have to do a pattern of 'extreme right' then left shots repetively til they miss. Making it a challenge :D

Sigh

Wiired said:
Erm, what :confused: no it can't.. I play the highest level guys, and I can almost beat 'em without them winning any points. You just have to do a pattern of 'extreme right' then left shots repetively til they miss. Making it a challenge :D
My current Tennis score ranking is: 2432

I've seen the computer return balls that have gone to both extreme sides. Worse: They'll return it with a power lateral spin AND they can return the ball without the front person being able to return it.

Even worse than that is their ability to hit a high non-spinning lob which will bounce just before the baseline but will be as powerful as a full force forehand, hit with their backhand.

Anyway: If you want to play singles, just hit the ball into the stands. The back computer player will run off to return it and never come back. Then its just 2 vs 1 :D

Back