Wii 'tips n tricks'

BlightedArt said:
4. If you're throwing the ball, sometimes when you use the above methods, either individually or combined, the ball might tap the floor before it reaches the batter or catcher, in which case the term "Ball" will appear on screen and you need to pitch again.

That's because it's one of the rules of baseball, it has nothing to do with Wii Sports. If you throw a pitch outside of the strike zone and the batter doesn't swing, it's a ball.

I've been playing tennis off and on the past couple of weeks, totalling probably around 10 hours. I've found a pretty consistent way to beat the top players (Elisa at 2000 and Sarah at 1900). Here are a few things to keep in mind (at least that's the approach for me anyway):

1. You'll win over 95% of your points with your net player, not your baseline player. Your baseline player though will be important in setting up the point so that your net player can hit the winner.

2. Use your baseline player to control the ball and make the computer's baseline player move back and forth consistently. To do this, you'll need to learn to control the ball and use various techniques such as heavy top spin cross court shots to push the other player out of the court.

3. It will seem that the computer opponents will get everything back, after all Elisa is rated at 2000. However, keep up the pace and you'll see both computer opponents begin to sweat. This is when they'll slow down and start missing some shots and won't run as fast.

4. Don't be too anxious to hit a winner. Make the computer opponents work before trying the winner with your net player.

I use the approach above and can beat Elisa and Sarah 3 out of 4 times. Once a while, I would have a bad game by being too anxious to put away points and hit the balls out. The technique used here is actually quite similar to playing doubles tennis in real life. In most cases, your baseline player has to set up the point for your net player to win. One difference though is that I can't make both my players go to the net in Wii like I would in real life.

At this time, I'm rated at 1900. It seems though that Elisa and Sarah are the final computer opponents since they are all that I play against. Perhaps once I've passed 2000 I'll see someone new.

BTW, does anyone know how to hit a power overhead? It sucks that when the computer opponents throws a short lob and I can’t put it away with a power hit.

Have fun!
Tony

vizionblind said:
added # 18

18. In the Wii menus, turn your wrist and the hand cursor will also turn.

yea you have to turn the hand thing in some of the games too... so it isnt much of a secret and most stumble on it accidentally but its still nice to know =]

I don't know if other people knew this, but when typing a message to a friend, if you click the button above the backspace, (I think it looks like an eject button) it'll open up a bar across the top that will guess what word you're typing. Just click the word if you see it up there and it fills it in for you.

wow i knew all these so called tips and tricks,many of them like the one above me can be found in the manual,which i read so i didnt hurt myself and others.

psychono2 said:
wow i knew all these so called tips and tricks,many of them like the one above me can be found in the manual,which i read so i didnt hurt myself and others.

I'm illiterate. :)

i've heard of PulseVU this changes the disk slot light sensitive to flash when soundsa heard.

Also I have heard Datel are planning to make a freeloader to play imported games...Other then that i've heard of no "hacks"

Silent-Sniper said:
Well done you stated exactly what it says when you first play.

Good god.

About the Ball thing, Ball appears if the pitcher does a bad throw and the hitter lets it past.

Those are just common sense, not tips AT ALL.

Edit: Nvm. =P

Last edited:
added the following:

#35. With Wii forecast, you can rotate the globe on a different axis by turning/twisting the remote.

#36. if the weather shows rain when you check it, you will hear the sound of rain and the same for thunder

"Look at the Weather Channel! Now switch your regoin to a snowy region or rainy region.

Now go play Madden & look at the weather...it WILL BE THE SAME AS WHAT THE WEATHER CHANNEL IS!!!"

Provided from here

Back