Wii Troubleshooting

johnnychau said:
i have a problem keeping the wii remote staying on, i replaced the batteries and tried everything, but it keep turning off when i start up a game cube game any ideas on solving this problem?

When you start a gamecube game, it just switches over so that it thinks it's a gamecube. To get back to the Wii menu, you physically have to reset the system. The wiimote turning off is a normal procedure for this system. When you think about it, it saves batteries, because if the wiimote stays on the entire time, then it would waste all of your batteries.

In conclusion, the wiimote turning off when going into gamecube mode is normal.

oleus said:
just posted a thread about the same EXACT problem. My one-hour old brand new wii refuses to load up my Sports disc and gives the same exact error message, "can't read disc, please power off" etc etc.

the first time i put the disc in it promted some kind of update (or at least tried to, i wasn't connected to the internet) and every time since it's given me the error, even after resetting to factory defaults .

UPDATE

i picked up Resident Evil 4 and it loaded up just fine. so i have to assume some of us are getting faulty SPORTS discs.

called Nintendo support and they were fantastic and EASY to get through to. Compared to dealing with Xbox 360 support this was a revelation!!

-oleus

Windmillritual said:
yeah not even an hour after I got the Wii, it overheated and froze on me, and no I do not have the ventilation blocked. I had to hard reset it because none of the front buttons would work.
i have the same problem it's **** annoying please help!!!!!!:mad5:

There have been cases where some Wii's were faulty... one of my friends had to send it in to get it fixed. (His scratched the disks.) Just call Nintendo, because overheating should not be a normal problem, and neither can it be easily fixed.

I am having the same problem have you found the fix it yet? The blue lights on the hand control all flash. But the screen is not reacting to the control. It worked yesterday but not today. We only have one remote. HELP PLEASE

Last edited:
Hey, can you use regular SD in a Wii to save you games and stuff? or do you need those Nintendo SD cards?

Wii won't work

I plug my wii into the tv.

I select "A" then a screen comes on with 3 different languages starting with English which is bracketed in red.

I can't get past this screen. I hit every button and resent the console.

What is happening here?

My remote does not work with gamecube games. It keeps shutting off Any one have any ideas why.

ofd2401 said:
My remote does not work with gamecube games. It keeps shutting off Any one have any ideas why.

You're not supposed to use the remote with the gamecube function. It totally switches to think it is a gamecube. Nothing wrong with the console or the remote.

Arch0n said:
Hey, can you use regular SD in a Wii to save you games and stuff? or do you need those Nintendo SD cards?

Yes, you can use a normal SD card. The nintendo ones are pretty much just a rebranded, cooler-looking SD card, and some of them have USB functionalities if you get the right one. But a regular SD card would work just fine. But it's not more of a save thing, just a storage card for your save datas. Mostly just used to transfer datas or to store excess ones if you have a lot of games.

i have problems trying to play smackdown vs raw 2008 but it goes back to the wii menu
have you had any problems with anything like this

and i got another question my wii lan adapter quit working can you just get another one to hook up to the internet

jeremy24ky said:
i have problems trying to play smackdown vs raw 2008 but it goes back to the wii menu
have you had any problems with anything like this

and i got another question my wii lan adapter quit working can you just get another one to hook up to the internet

1) Is it a gamecube game?
2) Is it a legit copy?
3) It it scratched in any way?

4) If your adapter stopped working:
a) Unplug, and reinstall the software.
b) Try hooking up to the internet again.
c) If none of that worked, call Nintendo.
~You may have warranty
~If you have a receipt, you could exchange it at the store.
~Nintendo can help you fix it if you call their toll-free phone line. They could also replace it if it doesn't work anymore.

It could be a faulty game, it had=s happened before. Could've been scratched or damaged while shipping. Does your other games work? If they don't, it could be the console. And you can exchange the game, BTW.

Back