Wii Troubleshooting

Japanese WII disc read error.

The title says it but i'll explain. I also tried searching the site but didn't find anything so pardon me if this has already been answered.
I bought my WII about 2 weeks ago when i was in China; I travel for business about 70% of the time. The WII is cracked so that i can play games from anywhere- or at least that's what the store vendor said.
I bought some games in China and some in the USA when i came home.
Was playing Rayman Raving Rabbids and all was fine, changed up the next day to try out Prince of Persia, then the following back to Rayman. (both from China)

Tried putting in a copy Brunswick Bowling and it had a disc read error, i saw a scratch on the disc and thought nothing of it; must be the game. (China game)
Put Rayman back in and played it the next couple nights off and on.
Tried to play Wario (US game) and got another disc read error but the disc looked fine.

Tried swapping games back to Rayman; disc read error. Tried Prince of Persia; disc read error.

Now the console won't play anything and all from US or China. Games i had working won't play, it's quite frustrating. All i get is the disc read errors. Tried the whole unplug, cool down, etc. No avail. Tried leaving it off for hours or days, no luck.

I figured out how to get my WII hooked to my wireless and updated the system, but still getting disc errors.

Anyone have a similar experience? Know what to do to fix it?

Any and all help will be appreciated.
-Frustrated new user :yikes:

shrek4wii said:
HELP! I washed GH3 because it had smudges on it and now whenever I try to load it on the menu it takes me back to the Wii menu! HELP ME!

Just had this same problem and called support to fix it. Basically, we had a microphone plugged in to the wii when we tried to start gh3 (and same thing happened on dance dance revolution) and when we tried to start the game it just went back to the main menu. When we unplugged all of the extra accessories that were plugged in (the microphone and the dance pad for dance revolution and only hooked up the guitar) it worked just fine.

Hi All,
Bought a new Wii the other day and the 9 year old kid in on it permanently since. It is the bizz.
However it has started to freeze after a few minutes of usage and the only out of it is to power it off and back on again. It will then work for another few minutes before the screen freezes again.

I have tried different games, with the same result.
Remote batteries are not an issue.
Sensor is not an issue in that it can "see" the remotes no problem.

Symptoms are exactally the same as the PC locking up and you can't do anything.

It is not connected to the internet, so maybe I should do that and see if there is a software update or anything, but I was wondering if you guys can help first, before I move the thing form one room to another.

Thanks a million guys, the thing is the business otherwise,
Winnie.

I have a Wii and have no idea what the passwords were set to. I was given the Wii and that person does not know either. Is there a way to reset this?

I ve been given a wii by a friend but he has lost wii sports that comes bundled with it. can it be bought from anywhere? i ve had a look at the only place i can find it is ebay. surely there must be a shop that sell it?

Go to this site at the bottom for a free points for a Wii. All you have to do is fill our surveys, rack up point, and get enough for a Wii. It is legit, just use my link so we both get a referral, so what ever points i make you get a percent, and what ever points you get i get a percent. Just at least check it out. I have not got a Wii from here, but i have gotten 2 controllers.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=165148

Hello Everyone,does Anyone Know Why My Wii Wont Display A Picture,i Dropped It From About A Distance Of 2foot A Few Weeks Ago And Now It Wont Display A Picture When I Switch It On,it Will Power On,take The Disc But Wont Play,no Picture Whatso Ever,any Help Would Be Very Appreciated

Wii head dirty?

Hi everyone,

I have had my wii for almost a year and very recently (about 2 weeks) I am seeing thsi issue where when i play games some parts of the screen appear grainy. More so like watching a movie on a very old print. has any one seen such a thing and if so how have you corrected the problem.

Thanks in advance for your time!

hi! ive had my wii for about a year and brought it with me to university this week, however when i connect the console to the tv, i get a flickering black and white picture and intermittent audio!

can anyone help me?

thank you!

problem with guitar hero iii

ive just bought guitar hero iii, been using it ok but its just started to freeze and i need to turn power off at mains to get my wii to respond. it will let me start my career but as soon as it goes to where i start to play it freezes and a continuous beep is heard. i swapped it from where i bought it from but it is still happening help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wii freezing constantly

Hi,

I got a wii a few months back and the other day I tried to play it and about 10 minutes into my game it froze. No big deal at the time, however, since then it has frozen within 30 seconds every time I turn it on. It is never on long enough for me to be able to reformat it in the settings, and I have tried everything else I could possibly think of. Can anybody help me out?

HELP! We have not played our Wii in awhile and when my son asked to play it this evening, it will not power on at all. My husband checked all the cords and they are correctly plugged in. Could the internal battery be dead? We hardly play it and just got it for Christmas. At a loss...

Cut anyone tell me how to put internet free on my wii i just have my but is not working in netwok

Back