Wii Troubleshooting

Hi, This is my first post, so play nice :tard:! I just bought a wireless router specifically for my wii and installled the fine. The wii picked it up first time and started installing the update with the parental controls (I've been living under a rock:ee5k: )

it has been stalling at about %75-80 for about 2 hours. I cant turn off the wii because it might damage the memory.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything i could do to fix it or should i call nintendo support.

Thanks a lot!

nintendofanboy said:
Hi, This is my first post, so play nice :tard:! I just bought a wireless router specifically for my wii and installled the fine. The wii picked it up first time and started installing the update with the parental controls (I've been living under a rock:ee5k: )

it has been stalling at about %75-80 for about 2 hours. I cant turn off the wii because it might damage the memory.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything i could do to fix it or should i call nintendo support.

Thanks a lot!

NA, I've had to turn off the Wii before, if its still in the downloading stage it won't hurt anything. Just don't turn it off when its in the actual updating stage.
BTW, try pinging your Wii from a computer, if it won't you defiantly need to reboot your Wii. I had to turn it off by holding down the power button. Actually had to do it twice then it downloaded fine. From what I could figure out the download stalled due to Nintendo's site being flacky and the Wii can't renegotiate very well.

dan99iel said:
Hey guys,

My wiimote started gettin really jittery and it was annoyin. After a very short think, ive found out a way to stop it from jittering. Just go to settings, sensor bar, sensitivity, and toggle that until only 2 dots appear. Worked for me!
If your seeing more then two dots most likely other things in the room behind the TV are creating IR signals. A window or a light close to your TV will do this.

Icecontroller said:
Well hi, i just got my wii today, i guess it was the first day that it came out in europe anyway, well i guess it kind of worked at first, i plugged everything in as said in the booklets and i turned it on, it worked for like 5 min for the setup to work, i already put a disk in, then it said that the disk didnt work, so i thought ive put it the wrong way so i tried turning of the wii and then changing the side of the disk and turn it back on, but when i tried taking the disk out, a blue light turned on for a sec or so then everything turned off. I tried every way said on the official websites but everytine i plugged out the power plugg and put it back in, it kind of worked, but then when i tried taking the disk out or even turning it on (it was on standby or the red light) it just turned off.:mad2: help plz :(
Well in the books, they say that if the light is red, it means the
wiiconnect24(?) is off sssoooo...what does it mean?

That makes no sense. First of all there is an Eject button on the Wii. Do NOT turn off your Wii, this isn't like old consoles, you can eject a game and put a new game in. You don't need to turn it off (though you do need to exit the game to the Wii Menu first). So try turning on your console with NO disk in. Get to the main Wii Menu. THEN put the disc in. You want to put it so that the data side (the side WITHOUT the label) is pointing towards the power buttons and all the other stuff. The label side should be pointing to the right if its vertical on the stand.

i have 2 problems

when i turn on my wii it makes a noise like its reading a disk

when im playing a game i can feel the wii rumbling slightly

trouble with friends

i am having trouble understanding how to keep a "friends list" so to speak i want to connect to a few of my friends and do the wii parade and stuff like that is their anyone who can guide me in the right direction??:shocked:

The VC games I downloaded roll from top to bottom of the screen and when they get to the bottom, they appear at the top again and roll back down. They don't stop so I cant play. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

TorGa3iGhT said:
so i'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, and read through the 5 pages and didn't hear anything similar really, or any solutions...

every 1 in 5 times about that I load a disc and after clicking the "start" button to begin play, the screen goes black and the system freezes. The only way to get it unfrozen is to hold down the power button for 5 seconds and the system shuts itself down. Then I have to turn the system back on and try again.

Does anyone have any ideas that could help me? I was thinking as a last resort returning it and getting another one, except the only problem is I can't find a store that has any in stock to do an even exchange for me, and i'm really not wanting to ship my wii out to nintendo, cuz it's gonna be weeks before I get it back.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I've had the EXACT same problems and had to do the same as you to get it to work. I'm a little worried about this as well.

damn im reallyt nervous cause im getin my wii for xmas n i thought dat it wud work perfect!!!! how do you hard reset anyway?? just so i know! n does the sensor bar really work THAT bad??

Meep, Wiimote problems!

So I waited at Gamestop 8 hours for my Wii, wee haw.

I get home, unpack it, and eating lunch at the same time.

Get everything set up, turned on, and sync the extra controller with the wii (which was a tad confusing, to be honest), and me and my family start having a go at Wii Sports.

Well, it comes to me and my sister playing boxing. We wind up smashing our controllers together, though. But everything seems to work fine, until we get to the main menu.

We've noticed that my wiimote hand wasn't showing up on screen! I pressed buttons, but the pointer didn't show up. Well, I waved it around, and it eventually showed up. But it would dissapear! When the pointer would reach the bottom half of the screen, it would dissapear again!

I moved the sensor bar about, no cookie.
I even left the batteries out of it for 2 hours (the time I played Zelda with the working wiimote -- Extremely awesome game.) but no cookie. It DID work for a moment, however.

I might try it on my TV, since I set it up in the living room so my whole family can play.

I couldn't find a thing on dissapearing pointers, so... Maybe you guys can help. The manual says nothing at all about the wiimotes besides how to sync it.

I could use your help

I have tried altering all of my tv settings (tint, brightness, color, picture, sharpness, etc.) and I still cannot see to manuever through the Wii Menu.

Please somebody help!

Fanboi said:
Hey I've just got a Wii and luv it but i do have on issue. When i boot up the system the menu looks fine for a second but then it gets really bright. This doesn't affect anything too much, it more of an annoyance. I am still able to see all channel and get in to them. In the game/disc, mii and photo channels the colours are corrected upon entering the channel. However in the shop the brightness remains, the text is difficult and at time impossible to read. It is really difficult navigate. I fideled with the TV settings with no luck. Since i've never had any other problems with the TV, the other channels display the correct colours and the menu does flash the correct colours at boot i think the problem is with the Wii. I'm not sure wat to do i have seen nothing about colour correction in the settings menu. I am planning to get component cables but im not sure if that will fix the problem and really i think the solution shouldnt be spending more money. Any help would be appreciate i haven't use virtual console yet coz i can't navigate the store. Any ideas?
I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM....HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO HELP?

hmm as far as dissapearing wiimote hands... mine disappears when i dont move the wiimote for like a certain period of time... like 30 seconds or something but if i wave it then it just comes back... so i think its supposed to do that and if it isnt then oh well because it doesnt bug me.

My hand is not disappearing, the screen is just so white that the boxes and writing do not show up unless the hand is on that specific box

Back