Wii Troubleshooting

Well, we're just going to bring the wiimote back to Gamestop, see if we can get another one.
Though I may have posted my question in the wrong section, I havn't gotten but two replies (and I'm thankful for looking at it).

Does anyone know if the wii is going to support streaming music? There is a website at www.wiilisten.com that connects to a rhapsody music subscription service, but I haven't heard any official Nintendo information on this type of service. It would be so cool to use the wiimote to access all of your music right from your couch. Let me know if anyone has heard anything.

I think that the problem most peole are having here is that they are using a scart to phono adaptor form a ps2 or watever. I tink this might be why some of you are having trouble seeing the screen. I think you should buy a new one (there the rectangular thing that red white and yellow wire plug into if you dont know!) they cost around £10. However if your feeding the yellow red and white lead into the tv directly i cant see why there should be a problem.

Isn´t the disc slot soppose to light blue when you have a disc inserted?

my wii dosen´t light blue at all...

it only blinks one time when i push on the "turn on" button

paimon said:
Isn´t the disc slot soppose to light blue when you have a disc inserted?

my wii dosen´t light blue at all...

it only blinks one time when i push on the "turn on" button

search is your friend. It only lights blue when someone sends you a message.:yesnod:

I am feeding the red, white, & yellow lead directly into the television and I still cannot see the wii screen. I had a similar effect with a few games on the N64 and the same reaction to the GameCube. This does not happen with my ps2, DVD, VCR, or Cable box. I am beginning to think that it is just something with Nintendos. Anybody else have any suggestions or know who I should contact?

My Wii keeps freezing. I can't do a thing with it at all. I figured it was when I went the console updated over my wireless connection and the screen went black and wouldn't do anything.

I managed to (finally) get in to the options and format the memory but now I have to go through setting it up, and it STILL freezes. I'm unable to get past setting the date before it freezes.

Is there anything I can do? I can't use my Wii at all :(

hey how do u get videos to play on wii on internet mine keeps saying wmp and realplayer not supported and it won't let me download it

hey does anyones wii freeze up. Mine have done it like three times. It stays in a black screen and u cant shut it off with the wiimote or the power off button on the wii. i had to unplug it. Is this normal?

Other wii owners and I and are having the same problems as well. I've only had it happen once on my Wii, while using Opera, someone else on these boards had it happen while downloading the Opera browser.

Of those 3 freeze up occasions, did they occur while uploading or downloading of any internet content on your Wii?

Mine freezes (check post #127 just a couple up)

I think it has something to do with the stupid update when it started to download the update over the connection.

My brother is going to ring them up after Christmas now and see if I can get a replacement. Then I'm staying well clear from putting the next Wii on the net!

help pls - my wii worked fine 6 days ago - then today i set it up again and when i put in wii sports, it says it's going to initialize an update, it tries but then come up with message "wii initialize update failed" and i can't play the game.
also, in the disc channel box on main menu, it does not ackoowledge a wii disk is in, however i can play a game cube game...any thoughts anyone? thanks

hey my wii has been working perfectly up until now, whenever i go to turn it on it doesnt sound like its reading the disc and nothing shows up on my screen, and i dont hear anything, and the only sound i can hear is the fan running, is there a way to fix this?

Yeah same thing happened to me today...and I just bought it!
feels realy bad...:cryin:
...bet you those Japanease fat cats are laughing ntheir heads off...
"stupid europeans!! right in the butt!!!:ciappa:

Some one help me!!! wii not working!!
Ive got the same problem than Lycan
¨^¨****FLASHBACK:hey does anyones wii freeze up. Mine have done it like three times. It stays in a black screen and u cant shut it off with the wiimote or the power off button on the wii. i had to unplug it. Is this normal?:::::End Flashback¨^¨****.........lol;)
I would appreacheate any help from anyone.....For christmas sake!!!:mad2:
By the way merry christmas:D

Back