Wii update fixes Shop Channel internet hack

yea, I'm almost positive that its supposed to be free, but that would be just like them to then charge us for it.

you've been around these boards for a little while Vagrant. Do you know what the 209601 error is when getting on the shop channel?

Cap'n Meow said:
you've been around these boards for a little while Vagrant. Do you know what the 209601 error is when getting on the shop channel?

It means it couldn't connect because the server was on overload. Just keep clicking "try again" and it will eventually connect. I just had that problem 10 minutes ago. The second attempt it connected.

vagrant said:
opera will be free to anyone with a wii prior to next June.
Then you pay a one time fee its better than Xbox live 50 bucks a year thats over 200 bucks in 4 years. Which is too much for halo 3.

lol xbox live offers a lot more than a simple web browser... and the online experience will be WAY better than nintendos gay little "friend codes" will ever be

Wii's online play is going to be free in general. Meaning Nintendo is going to be paying for there servers for you to play your little games on them. While Xbox charges you.

yes i know, but xbox live has a lot more stuff on it then the wii's online system

and paying for it gives them more money to improve it, and keeps spammers and little 4 year olds off, i dread wii online with all the little 7 year olds playing

pizzaluvr said:
yes i know, but xbox live has a lot more stuff on it then the wii's online system

and paying for it gives them more money to improve it, and keeps spammers and little 4 year olds off, i dread wii online with all the little 7 year olds playing

Wii players are to Xbox nerds, as Xbox nerds are to PC Gamers.

Directx10 > your xbox360.

pizzaluvr said:

Your contradiction is showing....

JerrodDRagon said:
Then you pay a one time fee its better than Xbox live 50 bucks a year thats over 200 bucks in 4 years. Which is too much for halo 3.

That makes no sense. It's free, but you have to pay a one time free?

No, it's been said many times and proven that the Opera browser will be free.

clrntsqueak said:
That makes no sense. It's free, but you have to pay a one time free?

No, it's been said many times and proven that the Opera browser will be free.
free until June...

pizzaluvr said:

Absolutely right, but MS has been doing online for years and Nintendo is kind of just starting. I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope Nintendo does it right.

Back