WiiConnect24 - Taking Advantage of Special Occasions?

^Apparently. Perhaps its only on this stage?

That would make since, since it is the IC's stage, maybe every stage is going to have a item that can only appear on that stage?

hmm well on pokemon stadium pokeballs came more than usual

and on yoshi's island you can get food from the shyguys

(for melee)

but for brawl that would make sense, as we have seen springs on dk's stage...

Yes, that's true but those seem to be more just part of the stage, not items. Since the creen is moving upwards like the iceclimber's level on SSBM I think those are just there to help you get up. Whereas the eggplant is just sitting on a platform that seems to be there the whole level making it an (almost certainly) an item.

I haven't really seen much else except there are paper shy guys on yoshi's island

Also I was kind of wondering about the rubber duck on the ultimate chimera's head in new pork city... I guess that is just part of it...

Last edited:
it would be pretty sick to have to play a certain event match on a certain day and beat it to unlock a character. just a thought.

I would love to see Zamus in the bunny costume.

Anyway. I could see stages too. Like an exclusive halloween stage made from nintendo not just a fan. Like for chirstmas north pole or something. Halloween a haunted castle. Easter kinda like poke floats where you hope around eggs. Valentines day. They could be creative with that. And the list only goes on. This would really be nice if this happened.

@sam I doubt that would happen. It would be unfair to those who weren't aware of that offer and didn't unlock the character. It would only work if there was another slightly harder way to unlock him/her.

Your wanting something like Microsoft is offering on Halo?

Like recently, this Halloween they released the new game type for the one night alone?

hmm....
think about it.
Play a Vs. Match on christmas, and you will permenently unlock the Santa assist trophy.

play a VS. match on halloween, and you will unlock a jackolanturn item

sounds great

Wow sounds like that would work.. nice find LIK...the event matches idea really sounds like a good idea to me

...That'd be awesome.

Possibly a day and night feature, maybe I'd like to see that, but I'd always been playing at night... Wifi, eh, I suppose it could always be day unless selected otherwise. Maybe even introduce weather that'd annoyingly push you off the stage? Like the tree in the Kirby stage...

^Night/Day are incorporated on Battlefield and Seasons are incorporated on Yoshi's Island, however, neither uses WiiConnect24.

Weather, on the other hand, sounds like a tremendous idea. Although, none of this could be incorporated online.

Back