Wii'll come in colous, upgrades and be cheaper in the new year.

The white version is just fine and I don't need to play DVDs on my console.

Paralex said:

agreed. I have a Dvd player for playing Dvd's, and a game console for playing games. The only thing I like is the Wii media player. That'll be nice onces it gets better.

Paralex said:

YES!! I totally agree, a game console it suppose to play games. If you want to play DVDs then play them on your DVD player.

all these things will probably be on updates anyway right? plus its not like the price reduction is HUGE.

ottoman said:
all these things will probably be on updates anyway right? plus its not like the price reduction is HUGE.
lol i don't think color and dvd capability will be available on the updates as of yet.

Prez said:
lol i don't think color and dvd capability will be available on the updates as of yet.

Well unless Nintendo secretly installed a DVD-ROM on all the Wiis and didn't tell anyone, You're going to have to buy the new system which is pretty bad. But if they did install DVD-ROMs on all the Wiis it would be rad to just download the codec on an update or if they feel like earning a little cash they can put the codec and a viewing program on Wii Shop Channel.

match002001 said:
Well unless Nintendo secretly installed a DVD-ROM on all the Wiis and didn't tell anyone, You're going to have to buy the new system which is pretty bad. But if they did install DVD-ROMs on all the Wiis it would be rad to just download the codec on an update or if they feel like earning a little cash they can put the codec and a viewing program on Wii Shop Channel.

aren't the games dvds already? from what i've been told, it's possible to have it play dvd's with a software upgrade.

Not sure about that one let me double check on that.

*Update*
You're right the discs are in DVD format so it would just be an update.

http://www.mywii.com.au/Post.aspx?id=1687

Kind of funny to those who won't know about it and they go out and buy the upgraded version. :devil:

Last edited:
If you actually read, you'd know that Nintendo is not going to do a simple software update, they're going to release a new version.

Colors are horrid , the dvd playback is NOT needed and the price reduction is no where near 2007 time frame. FALSE !

Back