Wii'll come in colous, upgrades and be cheaper in the new year.

the only thing that is eally going to change on the new ver. is the colors and the fact that it has the DVD software pre-loaded. No aditional hardware as the Wii already has a DVD-ROM installed....

match002001 said:
Not sure about that one let me double check on that.

*Update*
You're right the discs are in DVD format so it would just be an update.

http://www.mywii.com.au/Post.aspx?id=1687

Kind of funny to those who won't know about it and they go out and buy the upgraded version. :devil:

However, the DVDs that the games are on are read backwards on the wii, unlike DVD movies.

Well, actually thinking about it, what if nintendo sort of downgrades the wii and changes some of the hardware to different brands etc? To make an all round cheaper console. I'm not sure about this but I thought of the Meizu Mini Player while posting this.

Scuba Kid said:
However, the DVDs that the games are on are read backwards on the wii, unlike DVD movies.

That wouldn't matter. A firmware update, and bamn, now the Wii tries to read backwards first, then tries to read it forwards to see if it's a movie.

Scuba Kid said:

Oh no if this is true then they have to make special DVDs for Wii... Or they can just program it to read the DVD backwards. But if it is the case where they start making Wii Movies I'm going to be pissed off to the 10th level of shake and bake!

MaXiMiUS said:
That wouldn't matter. A firmware update, and bamn, now the Wii tries to read backwards first, then tries to read it forwards to see if it's a movie.

I thought the way the Wii reads the disk is a hardware thing....can it really be solved with an update?

Scuba Kid said:
I thought the way the Wii reads the disk is a hardware thing....can it really be solved with an update?

It's just a (fairly) regular DVD-ROM, with special firmware that makes it read the Wii disks a certain way that makes it a pain in the ass to copy them. They'd just have to modify the firmware so it can attempt to spin the disk forwards, and see if it's a movie or something.

MaXiMiUS said:
Honestly, I don't think this will really happen.

I mean, it COULD happen, but do you really think Nintendo would WANT almost 4 million Wii's that would suddenly become outdated, because of a newer Wii, that costs less and can play DVD's?

snake%20oil.jpg

Seriously.
Yea but they did it with the DS... Look they brought a better DS that had brighter screens, looks better, more color selection, better stylus(Fatter) a

Back