WiiMote Charger

torontowii

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
What is the BEST wiimote charger?How long will it last also. I'm getting one and from what i heard there are some that last only an hour

idjut said:
Read about my awesome rechargeable battery solution.:yesnod:

After Shipping: 2 batteries cost $16 / 4 batteries cost $30

These batteries. Here is what makes this rechargeable battery solution 10 times better than CHARGING STATIONS:
  • Pros:
    • Cheapest!
    • Less bulk and clutter!
      • i.e. no charging station, disassembled Remotes or loose batteries.
    • Batteries will always be charged
      • no one has the chore of disassembling each Remote
      • no one has the chore of removing the Jackets so the Remotesfit into a Charging Station
    • Remote Jacket NEVER needs removed.
      • I cut a small hole on the Jacket for the charging cable to poke through.
    • NO AC ADAPTER... batteries get power from Wii's USB ports even when the Wii is in standby mode.
      • Have you read that 3rd party charging stations have ruined Remotes? It won't happen with USB-powered charging solutions because the there is no high powered AC adapter to contribute to over-voltage
  • Cons:
    • I have found no cons... REALLY!
nintendo-wii-battery-1719.jpg

There ya go.

what does it mean by:
* Batteries will always be charged

* NO AC ADAPTER... batteries get power from Wii's USB ports even when the Wii is in standby mode.

The first one just means that its very easy to charge them so they're no reason they'll be dead if you just always hook up the charger when you're not playing.

The second one means that you don't need to use a wall outlet which takes up alot of space. The charger hooks into the USB port in the back of the wii and charge through that. The wii's standby mode is when it is turned off but still connected to the internet to receive mii's and messages from friends and such.

do i HAVE to buy it from that site or do they sell it in stores,if so then which ones in canada

Not sure, perhaps idjut knows. I don't own these, didn't know about em when I bought my batteries. You could do a google search for other stores that carry them and see if any have brick and mortar stores around you.

everytime i step away from playing the wii i simply plug in the remote... i don't have to bother removing the remote jacket...

if i didn't do this my brothers would NEVER charge the remote, but just leave them lay because they can't do more than one step. :lol:

you don't have to give up an outlet (AC adapters can block two or 3 outlets)

there is NO AC adapter or bulky charging station (or 2 bulky AC adapters and 2 bulky stations if you have 4 remotes :yesnod:)

this is VERY portable... i take my Wii somewhere i don't have bulk... just a couple USB charging cables :yesnod:

torontowii said:
do i HAVE to buy it from that site or do they sell it in stores,if so then which ones in canada

most likely online-only (anywhere online)... i'd buy a set of 4 at once... if you buy from 2 sources, you could end up with mis-matched charging cables. :)

what do you mean mis matches cables?

also,is there a 2nd best option avaliable in stores?

some charging stations use usb cables to the bulky base...

everything is second best to my ideas... :)

space doesn't matter to me,all i care about is the quality of the charger,i dont play it 24/7,i play like 2-3 hours MOST a day so theres plenty time to charge,so what charger will be best quality that i can buy in stores

how will that help?they never tell you the best thing which is why im asking people who have a wii

ok,i've searched around and i have found some things:
Nyko Wii Charge Base
Asid Tech Wii Charging Stand

in both cases i most probably will get some rechargeable batteries but which of those 2 chargers are the best for the wiimote

theres about a 20 dollar difference so if that makes a difference of like 5 hours then i will take the cheaper one

Back