wiimote speaker marked as a con by gameinformer

[email protected]

a pimp like mii
Dec 13, 2006
portland
Wii Online Code
2308-9743-3128-0935
i just got the new gameinformer (which by the way gave the wii a-, and the PS3 b+)they rated the system well but they said the speaker in the wiimote was a con?? sure its sound quality isnt the best but i would never use it to describe something bad, props to nintendo for doing something everyone else isnt

agree, if the sound bothers you that much then turn the volume down haha
I actually don't find it that bad xD

I definitely like the idea. It's too bad that the speakers are so shitey. Although I have heard of people modifying the controller's speaker so they sound better. Either way, I agree. It's not a bad thing, it's a half-assed good thing.

I love the speaker there and to be honest the sound does not have to be good because it is simply enhancing the sound already coming from the TV. It adds a real nice depth feeling which goes well with a controller that works in a 3D space.

The first day playing the Wii I didn't really think the Wii-Motes speaker was that bad. Maybe it doesn't bother me as much, but I really dont see the problem. I like the Wii-Mote sound.

It's pretty cool. Adds to the whole surround sound feeling. Swinging a baseball bat and actually hearing go whoosh! More importantly, you will be able to hear that Wiimote flying towards you when your idiot buddy lets it go. :lol:

agree i hate the fact people describe the wii as a gimic when its really something no one ever dreamed of before love mine

WiiDS said:
It's not a bad thing, it's a half-assed good thing.

Think you got it in one with that. They could have spent a few more pennies getting a better speaker, but they didn't.

Still i'll keep an eye out for the mods to upgrade it yourself.

it still sounds better than most of the nes games.

And it brings an extra dimension, when you hear that sound when you've hit the ball in wii sports baseball.

I'd love the remote speaker if it actually showed signs of quality. As for now, it just sounds like juvenile noises screeching from my remote. Definitely a con.

Anyone done that level on Rayman, you have to follow the squeels of the pig by listening to them in the wiimote, having that speaker there has opened up opertunities like that, it can only be a good thing

Back