Will there be a price to hook up the Wii online?

Wii IM OMG im loving it so much im obsessed with im that would be so kool plus it would help me friend out who is banned from im his mum thinks its evil lol so ye sounds really good hope it works!!!!!!

plus i want really good online play

and it may be pushing it but battle 2142 to that would be mental online!

Wii_Rulez said:
I think u were righ in saying".WiiConnect24 is internal and it sends stuff from Nintendp even in rest to your system. I don't remember where i saw it but i think it was mention somewhere on this site too. Wii has it's own built in internet browser provided by Opera. How they are able to do I don't know but i know it was confirmed. I hope that helped.
the guy that u qouted was right thats the only way you can take advantage of the online functions!

ssbb_lover said:
Well the wii is going to have some things that hook up to the internet
wut do u mean by this, its supports wireless internet

czarthp81 said:
So let me make sure I understand, you sayin to play other people online on the wii is free?!?!?[/QUOTE
yup, now the opera browser will be free until june 07", meaning if u get it before then, u dont have to worry about n e payments, but if u get it june 07 and on, u will have a 1 time pay-but ya online play is free

Sorry guys but I can feel the rage rising within as I read more and more and it's making me want to cry.

First point: The Wii DOES need a connection to the internet, there is NO WAY IN HELL you can use WiiConnect24 without some form of connection to the internet, what you thought it came with it's own internal satellite trasmitters or something? Now by connection to the internet I refer to the main method of the console i.e. WiFi by which I mean the console can connect wirelessly at short range (around 30 foot) to a wireless router. This router connects to your internet cable and then any WiFi device around it can hook up to it a la the DS and use it's connection. Another option could be a 10/100 port so the internet cable can plug directly into the console though I will be using WiFi.

Second Point: The VC games WILL NOT be free, they have a charge as stated around $4 - $8 and are downloaded to your flash memory. Now I don't know if you're buying the license to the game i.e. if you lose it or delete it the VC remembers and lets you download it again for free or whatever.

Third Point: The Wii CAN connect to the internet like your pc using the Opera browser to surf the net, it also has some version of Java installed for those who are interested.

Fourth Point: I also have read about the Wii development gamemaker, I'm not sure as to the specifics all I know is that it will allow other users to freely download your games and to upload their own. I don't know how detailed it could get, my guess would be from "Basic 2D sprite games" to "Psuedo 3D" for people who know what they're doing but think you won't have the tools that real devs have I mean the kits cost 2k ;) they ain't gonna give it to you for free so RPGMaker2k?

Fifth Point: Please read around before asking questions tht you could have found the answer to yourself simply with google or wiki.

Rage...draining...

Last edited:
Back