Wired connection

peer

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2007
"
Error Code: 50420
The USB Ethernet adapter has not been properly inserted.
"

That's the error that I get when I try my new KINAMAX NT-USB20 NETWORK ADAPTER that I bought off newegg. It's usb to Rj-45.

I read from several sources that it was compatible with the Wii. Does anyone know anything about this?

damn i bought something similar off ebay, how much did u spend? It is just an adapter or a wire? I hope we can get this working.

yeah. Mine was 20. I've heard a lot of success stories, I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

i spent less than 10, it is just an adapter, one side is usb the other is ethernet. I hope u get it working, I don't see why it wouldn't work? maybe b/c no drivers.

Yup just got mine, same problem. mine is a a different brand, it came with a driver cd, so I dunno. I hope there is a fix for this.

You can try updating if you have a friend with wireless, but I think it's a hardware or connection problem, try the other USB port or try connecting it while the power is on, that is if you tried it with the power off, if you tried it with the power on, try vice-versa

The wii will download updates? (maybe even a driver update?)

i read a load of people who had bought the kinamax adapter, and it seems like only certain ones worked.

alot of the sites selling them claim they are compatible, but alot of user feedback said otherwise.

try get your money back and buy an official one (may need a jap import if its not out where you live yet, i dont know)

peer said:
The wii will download updates? (maybe even a driver update?)
I'm guessing, I use wireless though, but if it's a software driver issue, unless they make driver ISO downloads, downloading them from a wireless connection is the only choice

i have the driver disk for mine, it's actually the size of a gamecube disc. I wonder what might happen if I was to put it in.

Super-Mari0 said:
i have the driver disk for mine, it's actually the size of a gamecube disc. I wonder what might happen if I was to put it in.
It wouldn't hurt it, the worst that will happen is it won't read, I think that might happen, I don't think there is a Wii compatible driver on it

it wont read it..

that disc will have been made for a standard cd/dvd rom drive (ie in a pc) so the drivers on there will be for the pc only, plus the wii reads discs from the outside-in, so it most likely wouldnt be able to read it anyways..

an update wont sort it, the update needs to be downloaded, how would they expect you to download an update to allow you to connect? it doesnt make sense..

you would need to get a replacement adapter. i noticed you got yours from newegg, thats one of the places i read alot of people had compatability issues with them adapters

GaryT85 said:
it wont read it..

that disc will have been made for a standard cd/dvd rom drive (ie in a pc) so the drivers on there will be for the pc only, plus the wii reads discs from the outside-in, so it most likely wouldnt be able to read it anyways..

an update wont sort it, the update needs to be downloaded, how would they expect you to download an update to allow you to connect? it doesnt make sense..

you would need to get a replacement adapter. i noticed you got yours from newegg, thats one of the places i read alot of people had compatability issues with them adapters
Yeah, I never knew that Wii read discs from the outside in, but the Wii being entirely different than a computer, the driver on that CD would be interensting to me if it worked on the Wii, usually when they ship hardware, the driver CD only works on a computer, and sometimes only for a specific OS, like Windows only, Linix/Unix only, Mac only drivers, but i'd doubt a Wii driver, and if the disc gets read the opposite way, that would make things harder, and that would be why it dosen't read audio CDs, as for sticking the disc inside the Wii, that's the worst that will happen, A burned a pocket disc once of a file I found online, it couldn't read the data that was on the disc (obviously, bad move on my part), but the drive itself can still handle the size of the disc, i'm not sure what it would do with a business card CD (the ones shaped like a rectangle or like a mini CD with the top and the bottom cut off), it would be pretty cool if it did work, then we could figure out a way to code and burn for a Wii and create Wii launchable discs, that would be sweet

As for the update part, updating for an internet connection driver from an internet connection really isn't that uncommon, if it's a driver issue, and the converter was supposed to work on a Wii, but requires drivers, the only way to get to the drivers is to update the Wii, and the only way to do that is to find a wireless connection, that is unless you got the Nintendo one then, then what is the point of trying out the other one?

i'm wireless and my wii isent picking my signal up even when i have directly next to it, and i really want to go online si help plzz !!!!!!! ............

Back