Wireless Connection Questions

FatSamTAS7

WiiChat Member
Mar 21, 2008
Pennsylvania
I'm thinking about getting a wireless router for my Wii, but my computer is upstairs and my Wii is on the other side of the house. Will I have any problems getting a signal and if so what should i do?

Other Wireless questions can be posted in this thread also.

It's really hard to say how strong of a Wifi signal you will get without knowing your house, but unless your house is HUGE and there are many walls in-between, you should be okay.

It depends on the size of your house and how strong your wireless routers. I've had routers connect from up to two floors away and still have a decent connection. Another factor that will affect the connection is the number of obstructions (walls, floors etc.) between the router and the Wii.

Look for a router with a lot of range maybe BelkingG+. My router is upstairs and wii downstairs still works fine. I know the router will be expensive but it is defiently worth it. When you got internet working buy classic controller and wii points card to download cool games to play from previous consoles.:smilewinkgrin:

In response to the wireless connectivity issuses: I live in a location where i recieve wireless internet through my campus. I have no idea of of the location of the router/access point from where i receive my signal. My laptop receives internet efficiently, but my wii's connection is inconsistent. can i use my laptop to somehow link or bridge the signal it recieves to my wii? Thanks

Back