would u guys consider that the Wii graphics r indeed DX9c?

Wildside

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
as far as i know, im positive that it can achieve graphics in this coding used in Windows XP.

Xbox 360, barely DX10 i guess.

PS3, definitely DX10.

i dont want to be putting down the Wii's graphics, im just stating or asking if im right if i compare the consoles to what DX engine they run on.

the graphics card in the Wii is very new and developed for the Wii so to start with I doubt it will use directx, same with the other consoles. If we were to compare it to dx though then yeah I'd say the Wii is capable of everything the latest directx9 can do bar a few pixel shaders and anti aliasing. Or maybe it can but no games use it yet.

We have yet to see the full extend of what the Wii is capable of, so it's hard to make comparisons yet.

s9am_me said:
isn't DX a microsoft API? It has nothing to do with the wii and its graphics. DX10 is exclusively on Vista, saying that PS3 has DX10 graphics just doesn't make sense. Granted, DirectX is used in developing some xbox(360) games.

Wii graphics debunked -- http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=68776

I think he was just using the graphical capabilities Microsoft DX9 and DX10 as comparisons and not saying that Sony or Nintendo actually use those technologies.

The Wii is WAY more capable than people think. Halo 2 looked GREAT on XBox and it didn't max out the XBox. The Wii contains the processing power of the XBox and the GC. Thing is, the Wii uses it's abilities more efficently than the other systems which is why this thing (at max) uses 18 watts of power! A light bulb at 50 watts uses almost 3 times as much (a light bulb) and it has only one function, and that's to light up. The Wii has Opera, a OS system,a GPU, graphics chip, games, VC console, motion detection, rumble, and everything else to do. To me the Wii is an amazing machine. The Wii's use of it's abilities is pure genius. The producer of Scarface Wii says the Wii has WAY more horsepower than previously thought. He said the Wii version will look WAY better than the previous versions of the game. Thing is, give it time. Imagine if Resident 0,1, or 4 would have came out in the GC's early stages, it would look like crap. But because Capcom realized what it could do, we got games on GC worth being played even today.

Skippy said:
I think he was just using the graphical capabilities Microsoft DX9 and DX10 as comparisons and not saying that Sony or Nintendo actually use those technologies.

ahh ok.. makes more sense if you put it that way. The wii does have the capabilities, we just need to wait :thumbsup:

Back