Wow, VERY good Metroid 3 Information

Shoko

The Shoke
Mar 30, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Wii Online Code
5295-8320-2788-9441
OK, all of what I'm about to say is true, for it's straight from Game Informer, who just recently played Metroid 3. This information is taken from the August 2007 Game Informer, which is of-course the most recent.

1) Metroid 3 will have NPCs standing around, which you can ACTUALLY TALK TO! It says samus has real conversation with the npcs, and it even says it has REAL AUDIBLE VOICEOVERS!!

this means there they will be literally 100x more dialogue in Metroid

Game Informer said:
In Corruption, there will be certain areas populated with NPCs. You will actually be able to walk up to these charcters and talk to them. Amazingly, they will even respond. With real audible voiceovers! We know, this feature will undoubtedly change the face of gaming...ten years ago. Welcome to the 21st century, Nintendo

2) There will be 2 type of lock-on modes. The new "lock-on free aiming" and the classic. (The targeting on GameCube)

Game Informer said:
There is a new kind of targeting mode in Corruption called "lock-on aiming." In this moe, whenever Samus locks on to an enemy it becomes fixed to the center of her view - the focal point that she strafes around - but unlike previous lock-on features, Samus will still be free to shoot at anything within her field of vision. Of course, the more traditional targeting type will also be availiable

3) Saving is easier. It says there is certain areas where you can call in her ship, so u can refill her weapons and energy or save the game. So I imagine the ship is like the save points now.

Game Informer said:
Throughout the game there will be designated areas where Samus can call her ship, allowing her to refill weapons and energy or save the game

FREAKIN AWESOME AINT IT!? conversations being in metroid, being able to hear Samus's voice is going to be music to my ears. I also love the new targeting........it igves more freedom to the game.

Rep me if I helped ya out or if you just love meh.

Thanx for that. Sounds pretty cool. Will rep you when the no posting ban is lifted.

Looks great, but there's just one thing I'm worrying about. When they said you can talk as the character, how? Do you have to talk into the Wii Remote or do you have to buy a headset. I hope there's no headset.

EDIT: Above is a J/K, you know.

Last edited:
Yes I already knew this because I too recieve GameInformer. I particularly liked the part where after discussing audible voiceovers they said "Welcome to the 21st Century, Nintendo." Its so true, Nintendo has always stuck with the tried and true text. The only game that I hope doesnt go audible is Zelda. It just wouldnt be right.

They can take Metroid, Mario and Paper Mario audible though :yesnod:

To be honest..I'm not a fan of any of this. Metroid is about being alone and fighting your way in/out of an area by yourself. Kinda takes away from what makes Metroid so cool, IMO.

^Actually, now that I think about it, I agree with you. I started the series with Prime 1, so I'm not sure if Samus has superiors or allies or whatever, but I had always thought of it as Samus is all on her own, searching the galaxies until she finds an enemy to beat the **** out of.

*REPPED*

Well I guess we know why the game has been delayed so god damn much.

Voice Actors.

Oh, and only the first thing you listed is new information. You aren't a very good Metroid fanboy.

Last edited:
FR. said:
Looks great, but there's just one thing I'm worrying about. When they said you can talk as the character, how? Do you have to talk into the Wii Remote or do you have to buy a headset. I hope there's no headset.

You may be kidding, but just in case, you don't actually talk to them yourself, Samus engages them and they talk to you, give you info. Just like in Zelda.

Back