Xbox 360 are copying wii (motion sensors)

Chattersby

WiiChat Member
Nov 12, 2006
Was reading an 360 mago and found an article on xbox bringing motion sensors next year, i must say the that controllers for it look rubbish the baseball bat i saw was an actul size of one, surly it cant be their final product. (sorry for no pics)

c0bf7b969af1100e7ba3165810155c.jpg

First Sony (that's a fake pic btw lol), then Microsoft. Everyone is trying to get a piece of Nintendo. (I love that Sony pic XD)

Source? And if it is true, why is it a bad thing. Wii wasn't the first to have a motion-sensitive controller. Microsoft had that SideWinderPro or whatever like 10 years ago. I say the more motion-sensory the better. Of course, no-one can top the wiimote/nunchuk, but what's the harm. And if this one for 360, if it's not just a hoax, has rumble, it would make Sony look pretty bad because then it would be the only next-gen system that can't do rumble and motion.

Look at the Zune; a total knock off of Apple's iPod. While the Zune pretty much sucks right now because of bugs, system crashes when trying to install the software, doesn't play PlaysForSure nor iTunes music, and a bunch of other things, it pushes Apple to be more competitive, to put out a better product.

If this is from a mag, post some scans if you can.

Last edited:
How do you know that it will copy wii though? Maybe it will be a chair in which you plug yourself into and actually go in the game. I guess they're copying the concept, but they might have something totally different planned, if its even true.

Ya sony copied the motion thing those copy cats long live the place where motion sensor started first the WII!!!!!!!!

Chattersby said:
Was reading an 360 mago and found an article on xbox bringing motion sensors next year, i must say the that controllers for it look rubbish the baseball bat i saw was an actul size of one, surly it cant be their final product. (sorry for no pics)

You weren't reading a magazine, that was a fake rumor that came around a few months ago.

i hate to break it to you all,but microsoft made motion sensing,do a google search.
they made a gamepad for pc games that allowed you to play a racing game and others like a airplane and stuff.But then again,i could be wrong.

I do hope MS dont do motion sensitivity! it will ruin the console. they dont need it, the console is near to perfect.

Don't be a dope

Guy, first off, you need to get off the 'WII is the only good console' crap. They all have their good points. I would LOVE to see the Xbox 360 get a motion sensor controller - and it's bound to happen. The WII remote is too much of a hit for them NOT to copy it it.

It's not a bad thing. Competition is what builds better games and better consoles. Keeps all sides on their toes.

EvilKerek said:
Guy, first off, you need to get off the 'WII is the only good console' crap. They all have their good points. I would LOVE to see the Xbox 360 get a motion sensor controller - and it's bound to happen. The WII remote is too much of a hit for them NOT to copy it it.

It's not a bad thing. Competition is what builds better games and better consoles. Keeps all sides on their toes.

I see microsoft having motion sensing for the next console, but not for the 360.

Would take like 1-2 years for the developement of the controls and then for games that can use it to be developed

vagrant said:
I see microsoft having motion sensing for the next console, but not for the 360.

Would take like 1-2 years for the developement of the controls and then for games that can use it to be developed

It took hackers 1 month to get a Windows or Mac OS X to recognize the Wii Remote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7Jvp8Z81I

What makes you think it will take Micro$oft 1~2 years to develop it? It can easily be done as an add-on hardware. All you need is a sonsor bar which is basically just a few IR light bulbs. If there were no Nintendo patents to worry about, you would see a motion sensing controller for 360 within a few months.

ddslee said:
It took hackers 1 month to get a Windows or Mac OS X to recognize the Wii Remote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7Jvp8Z81I

What makes you think it will take Micro$oft 1~2 years to develop it? It can easily be done as an add-on hardware. All you need is a sonsor bar which is basically just a few IR light bulbs. If there were no Nintendo patents to worry about, you would see a motion sensing controller for 360 within a few months.

...What does making a wiimote work on a computer via bluetooth adapter have to do with anything....
Windows has to plan develope and manufacture a new remote, and then they need games to be made that uses it. Do you not know how long it takes to make a video game?

Back