xbox 360 failure rate as high as 33%

Windows has more than just some normal bugs when released. Again, they fix most of it over time but at release their stuff has a lot of problems, more than the norm. 360's fail rate is higher than PS3 or the Wii.

I think its higher than that, I owned a 360 I traded into gamestop for my wii, all my friends that have 360s all have lockups from time to time where you have to just power it down and backup. also mine couldnt play dvd movies you play a movie and then randomly it would just lock up, it didnt matter what movie new old movie and it seemed to be random when it locked up sometimes you could watch 30 seconds of it sometimes about 10 minutes either way it sucks and I sent it in for repair and it did the exact same thing whenI got it back so I just traded it for that reason Im not dealing with that.
I repair and build computers for a living the last thing I want is for my console to need work. Consules are supposed to be put disc in turn on play. lol not put in reset 50x and hope you can play.
Also almost everyone I spoke with who had need for speed most wanted had lock up problems, I also had the cooler and had it near a fan in a AC room so i know it wasnt over heating.

according to microsoft, they expect to spend over $1 Billion dollars on fixing broken 360's. They were considering a full recall because of the red ring of death.

There was just a news article on the tele about it as well.

Another thing I was told all x360s have an electronic serial number thats what links you to your Xbox live account and the market place. and if they end up giving you another 360 because it was cheaper than repairing yours then you have to buy all those things you got from the market place they will NOT give you credit to redownload them. That is not right. You spend hundreds of dollars on a 360 to find out its defective due to manufacturing then you could have spent who knows how much on the online market place only to find out its all lost. Yay for public relations and customer support.

Sovieto said:
wow, why are you posting this?
this has no facts, and just random unnamed people saying blah blah, it could be true, but even the article says MAY, where you put it as though its just cold hard facts.

Gotcha! Fanboy, Fanboy! Theres so many these days...

Ive personally never known anyone to lose there xbox 360 and quite a bit of my friends including me have one

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Well it is built by microsoft..!

You incompetent idiot.

Windows Response (for 360 response: change 'Mac' to 'Sony' and 'Windows logo' to '360 logo'):
Stupid Mac users... i'm so going to hunt you down... and carve the windows logo into your head! ^^

Not really... but you are an idiot.

And haven't used vista or a 360 ^^

---

And of course 33% of people are going to say their X360 has broken...

how many people do you know that go onto a web site to say 'yup my 360 is working as amazingly as it ever has' - people are more likely to go look for surveys if something is wrong!

I know 6 people with a 360... only 1 has broken... their own fault... so my surveys fraction is 1/6 ^^ but i don't go and post a thread about it...

the_flood502 said:
You incompetent idiot.

Windows Response (for 360 response: change 'Mac' to 'Sony' and 'Windows logo' to '360 logo'):
Stupid Mac users... i'm so going to hunt you down... and carve the windows logo into your head! ^^

Not really... but you are an idiot.

And haven't used vista or a 360 ^^

---

And of course 33% of people are going to say their X360 has broken...

how many people do you know that go onto a web site to say 'yup my 360 is working as amazingly as it ever has' - people are more likely to go look for surveys if something is wrong!

I know 6 people with a 360... only 1 has broken... their own fault... so my surveys fraction is 1/6 ^^ but i don't go and post a thread about it...
Why do you always turn every thread into an argument about OSs?

paintba||er said:

Why do you always turn every thread into an argument about OSs?

=| why not?

Windows belongs to Microsoft... so... saying 'Everything Microsoft makes is crap' is saying Windows is crap... so...

your point is?

Plus: your display picture... is very inaccurate... it's almost laughable.

Last edited:
the_flood502 said:
=| why not?

Windows belongs to Microsoft... so... saying 'Everything Microsoft makes is crap' is saying Windows is crap... so...

your point is?

Plus: your display picture... is very inaccurate... it's almost laughable.
But it has nothing to do with the thread. I think Windows is crap, (unless you are a PC gamer) but the 360 is excellent and the reason I don't like Windows has nothing to do with the company....and my avatar is a joke and its accuracy depends on personal preference.

on a side note:

actually xerox developed windows/icon technology back in the 80's. they came up with the mouse too.

they didn't know how to implement it though and turned to an up and coming microsoft for marketing and technology integration.

just a little contribution to the derailment of this thread :wink:

Back