xbox 360 pro vs wii

[DT] said:
Care to qualify that?

(underlined emphasis added by me :D)
Although it is $50 a year, Xbox's online is unmatched... Its site is very good and helpful allowing u to do almost as much as u can do on ur actual xbox... The achievements allow good replay value on the games.... It has a great line up of games... Better then the ps3's...
All of the good ps3 games are also on the Xbox 360... Heavenly sword and God of war are the only exceptions to that.... And the most important part... Halo3 trumps all... Go to bungie.net and sign up... even if u don't have the game and u will see what that game has to offer.... everything u can think of!!!
For fun games for the whole family.. and the best games... pick Nintendo wii... for graphics and "hardcore" games.... (if thats wat u wanna call it....) Pick the xbox 360....
Yes PS3 beats xbox 360 graphically but barely... and 360 beats ps3 in every other category...

Krusnik said:
Whoops. I actually meant "Depends what games you're interested in and then we'll tell you if it be worth it to sell the Pro." My bad.

and Caswany, if it's for your kids (I'm assuming they're younger children), then you should definantly go with the Wii. They'll get a kick out of it and have a lot of fun with it.

yes i have yound kids and thank you for your input

Thanks to everyone for the good info. I think I'm going with the wii for the youngsters.

Yeah, I'd definetly say the wii for younger kids, you should also buy some extra wiimotes, and some mario games to start them off.

bamblakopz said:
Although it is $50 a year, Xbox's online is unmatched... Its site is very good and helpful allowing u to do almost as much as u can do on ur actual xbox... The achievements allow good replay value on the games.... It has a great line up of games... Better then the ps3's...
All of the good ps3 games are also on the Xbox 360... Heavenly sword and God of war are the only exceptions to that.... And the most important part... Halo3 trumps all... Go to bungie.net and sign up... even if u don't have the game and u will see what that game has to offer.... everything u can think of!!!
For fun games for the whole family.. and the best games... pick Nintendo wii... for graphics and "hardcore" games.... (if thats wat u wanna call it....) Pick the xbox 360....
Yes PS3 beats xbox 360 graphically but barely... and 360 beats ps3 in every other category...

PS3 online is free. While it's not yet as good as the 360's... it's free.

Achievements are extremely lame. It's really not impressive to complete some arbitrary task and gain points to show off to other xbox gamers. But if that's really something you want, the PS3 will have trophies soon which amount to the same type of thing.

The ps3 has so many great exclusives; God of War, Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Final Fantasy, Folklore, etc.

Which leads me to your halo 3 comment. Something which I really have to strongly disagree with. That game is trash. Halo 2 was also trash. Halo 1 was reasonably good, or at least worth playing if you had an xbox. In my opinion at least.

You can't really say that the PS3 has better graphics yet either. It doesn't. It has greater graphics capabilities, that's for sure, due to the extreme amount of disc space and the architecture that the PS3 uses. But you can't just compare the graphics of the 2 consoles, say that the ps3 is best at that, and then claim that the 360 is better in every other category. You sound like a fanboy.

The way to do things is to post why you believe that your console is better than the other, with actual examples. Then others who believe otherwise, can post a reply with facts about the opposing console. And so on and so forth, until a fair discussion ensues.

If you'd like to try again, you're very welcome to.

Come to think of it, this discussion is in the wrong section anyway. If you want to compare the 360 and the PS3, post in either of those sections.

PS3 online is free "for now". I hate to say it, but I don't expect Sony to leave it free for the entire life of the PS3. It's just bad business. Take for example all the people who used to say that you'd never have to pay for online PC play...

"great exclusives". Wow, talk about an opinion. One could say the same thing about the 360 and even the Wii. In order to truely compare platforms, one has to take away things which can't be compared between the two. Comparing 360 games to PS3 games to Wii games is like comparing a FPS to a RPG. Or like comparing the best road legal sports car with the best track race car.

Just wondering, how much space do the PS3 games actually use? Do they really take advantage of the Blueray's space for the game itself or is it like the movie crap where there's all sorts of "extras" which just take away from a better movie/game? Most 360 games run between 6 and 8 GB. PS3?

Reason I ask is I don't really see software companies spending the manhours to develop a 30GB game when they aren't going to get paid for more than when they made a 6GB disk. Not yet at least. The market just isn't ready for $100 console games, especially what with most games being less than 15 hours to completion. THAT they are so short really honks me off when games used to be 3 times that length at least. But I guess that was in the heyday of PC games not consoles.

Personally, I like the 360 games and don't care enough for the "style" of games on a PS3 to drop that much money on a "might" like the games.

I'll stick with PC gaming as my primary and 360 as secondary.

Flip said:
PS3 online is free. While it's not yet as good as the 360's... it's free.

Achievements are extremely lame. It's really not impressive to complete some arbitrary task and gain points to show off to other xbox gamers. But if that's really something you want, the PS3 will have trophies soon which amount to the same type of thing.

The ps3 has so many great exclusives; God of War, Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Final Fantasy, Folklore, etc.

Which leads me to your halo 3 comment. Something which I really have to strongly disagree with. That game is trash. Halo 2 was also trash. Halo 1 was reasonably good, or at least worth playing if you had an xbox. In my opinion at least.

You can't really say that the PS3 has better graphics yet either. It doesn't. It has greater graphics capabilities, that's for sure, due to the extreme amount of disc space and the architecture that the PS3 uses. But you can't just compare the graphics of the 2 consoles, say that the ps3 is best at that, and then claim that the 360 is better in every other category. You sound like a fanboy.

The way to do things is to post why you believe that your console is better than the other, with actual examples. Then others who believe otherwise, can post a reply with facts about the opposing console. And so on and so forth, until a fair discussion ensues.

If you'd like to try again, you're very welcome to.

Come to think of it, this discussion is in the wrong section anyway. If you want to compare the 360 and the PS3, post in either of those sections.

Well I already told u why I think that...
Plus if u really want to put me down for not mentioning WHY I think what I think.... WHY do u think Halo 3 is trash? A lot of people put it down, I think it is overrated a little but not trash... I love the game and by far there is no other game that is played more on console multiplayer then the Halo games... Period... O and Final Fantasy is on the wii... although it isn't on the xbox so that is true... I already mentioned GOW and Heavenly sword... Little Big Planet really isn't that popular... its good but not great... Same with Folklore... Now Metal Gear is an awesome series... BUT the maker of the game... (Kojima...) Said that he will most likely make a remake of number 4 for the 360 and a new Metal gear for the Wii.... Why would he dis Sony? He said he is unhappy with it and he dislike how bad the Sony PS3 sells...
I couldn't find the exact reference but here is another one where he talks about 360 Metal Gear....
To bad Sony's best game is slipping from them.... :|
Theres some more thoughts... please reply........... :D

Yea.. the MGS thing isn't happening by the way.

Final Fantasy on Wii... Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
Compare it to the Final Fantasy series, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12 and soon 13... It's crap compared to the ones in the series.

LittleBigPlanet is one of the most anticipated games in 2008 by the way.

God of War is brilliant, all I can say. So is Heavenly Sword...

PS3 has a bright future, especially in 2008, games like:
Killzone 2
Final Fantasy XIII (Maybe)
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Tekken 6
Wipeout HD
DMC4 (Also on 360)
GTA4 (Also on 360)
Gran Turismo 5
Resistance 2 (Maybe)
Motorstorm 2 (Maybe)
Socom: Confrontation
God of War 3 (Maybe)
Gonna be quiiiiite a big year for Sony.

Forgot... Playstation Home will be coming out this year, making the online for PS3 a LOT better by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
he already has a pro... to the op: i assume you went to a 360 forum as well to post this message? if not then then prepare to learn about the wii in unbelievable ways and have it treated as though its the second coming of jesus.

Lol QFT

U wanna bet about METAL GEAR SOLID? Its going 2 be on both 360 and wii by 2009.... thats a guarantee...

Flip posted!? :yikes: As for the original post if you have kids I would definately recommend the Wii, even if they are older there are numerous great games for them to play.

Last edited:
one word wii (fanboyism at its greatest lives inside of me but im afraid to let it out)

EdIt: well since syntax yelled at me for it=D

Back