Wii passing sales for xbox 360?

CloudBtoW

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
So yeah is the Wii gonna pass sales for the Xbox 360 or will the wii stay back?

The Wii has 10,003,591 consoles sold.

And the Xbox 360 11,055,731 consoles sold.

So who would win Wii or Xbox 360.

Hey, welcome to the forum. It's hard to tell now with the 360 price drop, but the Wii will probably take over within the next six months.

Last edited:
Well, it should be obvious. The Wii will eventually pass the XBox 360 in sales. I say the Wii will catch up and pass in around Q1-Q2 2008. Both consoles are selling incredibly, especially since the Wii was released in '06 while the 360 was released in '05.

As much as I love the Wii, I hope it don't pass the 360 in sales. It will be bad for gaming if it happens.

masonb15 said:
As much as I love the Wii, I hope it don't pass the 360 in sales. It will be bad for gaming if it happens.

i dont see how it could be good or bad in either direction. i dont see how it matters

WiiBad said:
Hey, welcome to the forum. It's hard to tell now with the 360 price drop, but the Wii will probably take over within the next six months.

Ya thanks for welcoming me. Anyways i also think wii but honestly ppl these days only care about graphics i mean who cares its the games that boost up sales not graphics...

masonb15 said:

it wouldnt be bad for gaming. First off any game that is remotely close to the quality of BioShock or any other HD game will go directly too Xbox or PS3. Thus any PC game developer will have plenty of games for those system.

Actually the Wii will get the shaft because all we will get is casual type games, and a few big 3rd party name dropper games (madden, call of duty, ect.).

So it wont be.

I was told Microsoft is over 12 million. The Wii will surpass Microsoft very soon. I have a feeling once they do, it'll be a PS1-2 repeat. In the last gen wars the PS1-2 pulled ahead of their competitors in sales and never looked back. The competitors selling 3x-4x less than Sony. If Nintendo reaches 15 million before X-mas, they easily remain #1 all of 2008. It simply takes time to sell a million units of anything.

Last edited:
I feel its only a matter of time before the Wii passes the 360 in sales.
However they could lose the top spot if they don't have any good games out next year, so far they seem to be doing a decent job with that.

Anything can happen though, once someone's on top, anyone can sneak in really, I wouldn't say anyone is out of the race just yet.

Obviously the Wii will win.

Xbox has had over 1 year.
Wii has had like 9 months? (give or take few)

And caught up rapidly.
Even with the 360 price drop, Wii is still cheaper. And has less then 1% rate to break. Where 360 is like over 33%

sagema said:
I was told Microsoft is over 12 million. The Wii will surpass Microsoft very soon. I have a feeling once they do, it'll be a PS1-2 repeat. In the last gen wars the PS1-2 pulled ahead of their competitors in sales and never looked back. The competitors selling 3x-4x less than Sony. If Nintendo reaches 15 million before X-mas, they easily remain #1 all of 2008. It simply takes time to sell a million units of anything.

PS2 is still in the lead -.-
with over 130 million sold.

srry double post.

I think the Wii will overtake it, especially now they're not as hard to get hold of. Plus they're always advertising on the tv for Trauma Center, Wii Sports and Mario Football, also they sponsor Friday night tv on Channel 4 (UK). Suggesting Nintento are making quite a bit of money!

Playstation 3 currently at 6,000000

Last edited:
KidDtoX said:
So yeah is the Wii gonna pass sales for the Xbox 360 or will the wii stay back?

The Wii has 10,003,591 consoles sold.

And the Xbox 360 11,055,731 consoles sold.

So who would win Wii or Xbox 360.
dont use whatever source you have as a source for consoles sold, there is no accurate one its better to tell whos winning by holiday season shipments.
as for the wii, its either close or already passed 360, this holiday seasons 360 might get a leap to widen the gap since it will probably sell plenty while the wii is still in a shortage crisis.

besides that, dont even bother which console is winning. just enjoy your consoles and make sure you have the games you want for this generation. you can not help console sales as a single person so why bother, discussing them is sort of pointless. wouldnt you rather talk about the next mario instead of talking about sale figures?

Last edited:
Wii was also sponsering Big Brother in Australia. They would give $5000 for every evictee.

Back