Xbox 360 topples Wii's dominance for September

WingGunner

WiiChat Member
Oct 18, 2007
Yep. Thanks to the mega-hyped Halo 3 which sold 3.3 million copies, push the sales of the Xbox 360 to 527, 000 units while the Wii (even with the limited availability) manage to push only 501,000 units. So for the first time in 9 months, the Wii's sales figures has fallen to second place.

Not a big deal though, considering the Wii doesn't really have a big enough game to compete against Halo 3 - YET. Mario Galaxy is just around the corner...more details here

Woah thats way less than I was expecting...I mean Halos undenibly Microsofts biggest console shifter after all...

I wonder how the Wii would do if there werent console shortages?

More than doubled the PS3's sales all the same (or so says Kotaku..which actually shows the PS2 being the PS3...) so at least it hasnt fallen to last.

That's kind of weak....I thought Halo 3 would destroy anything. The fact that was even close is surprising. Wii Play was the biggest seller! Wow.

Jay61 said:
Woah thats way less than I was expecting...I mean Halos undenibly Microsofts biggest console shifter after all...

I wonder how the Wii would do if there werent console shortages?

More than doubled the PS3's sales all the same (or so says Kotaku..which actually shows the PS2 being the PS3...) so at least it hasnt fallen to last.
wait till xmas, thats when most kiddies who dont own a 360 will get theirs along with halo 3.
and did you expect more console sales? 700,000 is more than half a million, thats a lot to me.

i'm glad microsoft did well with halo 3. i'll support nintendo til' the end, but there's nothing wrong with friendly competition.

i pre ordered SSBB at game stop about a month ago and they said they didnt have that many pre orders for halo 3 , they only had around 90ish pre orders and when i asked about SSBB they said so far they had around 200 pre orders , IMO SSBB will sell faster then any game yet with still around 4 monthes left the pre orders can sky rocket to a good 500/600 pre orders , whitch means more people are going to buy wiis , any ways im thinking about camping out the night b4 they sell it . what do you think

Nintendo can't do massive production like Microsoft and Sony. They don't have any outside revenues, AKA Vista and Bravo. So it's not surprising that they will have production problems from now until next year. This also means more bad news for Sony.

If Nintendo and Microsoft battle it out for first place this will continue to decimate the PS3 sales. If someone drops to a permanent second place it would be a lot easier for Sony to catch up.

Sovieto said:
wait till xmas, thats when most kiddies who dont own a 360 will get theirs along with halo 3.
and did you expect more console sales? 700,000 is more than half a million, thats a lot to me.
No no the numbers are great, just I expected a bigger gap is all.

SensesFail said:
i am part of that stat. shame on me. lol i purchased a 360 pro/halo 3
wow without you it would have been 699,999, you just made ninty fans cry everywhere.

as soon as nintendo releases ssbb (if they ever do...) the sales will rocket waaay up. ssbb is nintendo's halo.

it is bound to happen in some areas. nintendo is going to be in trouble not meeting the holiday demand which will direct more attention to available consoles. EBAY is a great way to get a console even if you have to pay a lot more for it.

I just found out Nintendo has been getting angered by Gamestop for forcing people to buy bundles to get a Wii. Currently they are squatting hundreds of thousands of Wiis. Shame on you Gamestop, you greedy SOBs (I asked a GS manager when I checked my SSBB preorder). Also... SSBB is going to be massive, the preorder list in my area is double the size of Halo 3. A February launch may hurt them though.

I just rented the 360!

IT.... IS..... GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Halo 3 RULES!!!!!!!! OHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!

:) I'm so happy!

Back