Your all time favourite character(s) in S.S.B.M?

k fixed sig length. Also, don't get your hopes up for brawl online. Lag will kill everything. Host will pwn everytime.

Yeah the time thing's coz I'm still on hols waiting for uni to start. He he...

I do know my way around just about every character in SSBM but one stands out from the rest - Peach. She just drives me crazy.
Yeah the rank system should be well thought out. The ranking system in MKDS is a bit **** coz it doesn't really allow you to choose who to verse against and one time I vsed a pro snaker who beat me by miles (altho I can snake, he just does it too well to be called 'good' snaker).

You're complaining about Marth's grabs? Try a different direction instead -
Up throw, grab, up throw, etc (for fast fallers) into a Fsmash or aerial.
Up throw can lead to the standard up attack (not up smash)
Fthrow, grab etc into any attack for floaty characters. Very good against those who don't know how to escape the Fsmash after the throw.
The only character I find that I really can't chain grab (in any direction) is Link, Pikachu (except on certain percentages), and Ganondorf.
FYI Most Marth Players rarely use Dthrow unless they're trying to be unpredictable. Actually, the only time I really find Dthrow useful is when ur throwing him offstage and then tipper him into a Dair spike. (Again that's situational to be used.)

The Comrades tourney is in Australia, unfortuantely. Since you live in America, I'm sure you'll find heaps of SSBM tourneys in your area. The site to go to is smashboards.com

oh ok then, smash boards, ill check it. yea, tru bout the grabs, i like being unpredictable though, some consistentsies are very neccessary. princesses moves do stand out, her down attacks are preety hard to escape when used approprietly. i still think samus reigns supreme, then princess, then fox and so on because of thier diverse attacks that adapt well to different situations.

Yeah I suppose Samus does reign supreme with her flexibility of her projectiles but to me its pretty even (against my Marth). But Samus is well known for her abilities to spam projectiles to the opponent who's trying to get back on stage.

Brawny what's ur forumtag on smashboards?

HA HA HA HA HA, funny story, still a guest

Only got a gamecube bout a year ago. Saw smashboards 6 months ago. Been working on my "skittles" ever since. Those tutorials really help. Don't think i'm a crazy n00b because i've only played the game for a while though. I used to play ssb recreationally, so its not like i'm completely new to the franchise, just playing with really good techs and strats instead of button mashing.

Edit: making one now, what is yours lzg, i'll put you down as my referrer

Last edited:
Brawny said:
HA HA HA HA HA, funny story, still a guest

Only got a gamecube bout a year ago. Saw smashboards 6 months ago. Been working on my "skittles" ever since. Those tutorials really help. Don't think i'm a crazy n00b because i've only played the game for a while though. I used to play ssb recreationally, so its not like i'm completely new to the franchise, just playing with really good techs and strats instead of button mashing.

Edit: making one now, what is yours lzg, i'll put you down as my referrer
haha yes, skittles. love that term! i have a gc since '02 w/ ssbm. but i play recrationally. thats good ur learin the tutorial items and making techniques. some comps have combos worth learnin, but in the long run comps dont mean a thing till u go agiainst a real player. thats when ur true skittles shine.

Yeah, my friends are really into melee and one even placed in a local tourney. I got mad at losing, i don't only play the comp if that is what your saying.

Brawny said:
Yeah, my friends are really into melee and one even placed in a local tourney. I got mad at losing, i don't only play the comp if that is what your saying.
haha, jes makin sure. my freinds wanna play too everytime i come down. one has actually won tourneys. i couldnt attend though, im 16. he's 13, middle school kidds have all the time in the world to do everthing, in the heat of honors and tests (like the sat in 3 weeks) ur time is locked up! one of the reasons i didnt camp for a wii, even though it is a beautiful distraction ;]

Ha ha yeah! I understand where you're at! Keep at it and don't let anyone with their 'scrubby' or 'noob' tactics discourage you from playing.

LOL I like the word skittles. Maybe we should say to anyone new "Got some skittles?"

Hardly anyone in my area is interested in playing melee seriously because - they don't have the game and rely on me supplying the GC for them. One of them is interested in buying off my GC so he can use it for SSBM when he gets a copy. Oh I can still play SSBM on the Wii but its more convenient on GC. Also, many meets I go to always ask me to bring SSBM.

I got my GC and SSBM two years ago so I was a 'late' learner XD.

Oh for practising against computers, just leave them on Lv 1 and remember that the combos you use against them are easier to execute coz they always influence their direction and movement towards your character.

Hey Dedu, you know a good place to live for Smash? Victoria ;) Lol.

But slightly off topic question for you Dedu: Are you coming to Comrades 2nd Coming in June? I hope so... so that way I can face you unlike when I was forced to miss Comrades 1.

I have had SSBM since I got my Cube, in fact it was my first game lol. But I didn't think much of it until I discovered the joys of its multiplayer which was about 2004 I think. And from there I think I've progressed a fair bit to reach where I am now, but I still have lightyears to go *shakes fist at Shaz*

StarFox Adventures and Sonic Adventure DX were my firsts, then ssbm

Back