Your Views on Proper Grammar?

mushroomedmario said:
Reading bad grammar is easier than using perfect grammar.

This thread is way over-exaggerating bad grammar, it's not like people say "ZOMG HI HOW R U." They might say "hi how r u." Now if you really can't replace 'r' and 'u' with 'are' and 'you' then i seriously think you're not as smart as the people writing the bad grammar.

Replacing words has nothing to do with a persons intelligence. People who type like that are, usually anyway, just too damn lazy to type out the entire word.

U R TEH DUMZ!!!

Okay, as long as we're on this analogy.

I'm going to pay you a dollar (post a reply), instead of hand you the dollar (use real words) I take MORE work going to the bank and getting pennies (converting to rtard), I hand you 100 pennies (the post), and you have to roll it back up (go back to real words in your mind).

Edit: Their opinions are valid, yes, but when they cannot be expressed well, they lose validity.

See LewiT's post for awesome misuse!

Last edited:
Yes it's more work, but it seriously isn't that much, if we're playing this analogy, this would take place in a bank, so all you have to do is go to the teller, wow SO MUCH WORK.

I don't like this analogy, it doesn't seem like a very good one.

Just like any language, be it fake or real, 1337 and rtard takes some learning. Once you know the language well enough it isn't hard to understand anything. 1337 and rtard are like the easiest languages in the world mind you.

Brawny said:

I'm going to pay you a dollar (post a reply), instead of hand you the dollar (use real words) I take MORE work going to the bank and getting pennies (converting to rtard), I hand you 100 pennies (the post), and you have to roll it back up (go back to real words in your mind).

Edit: They're opinions are valid, yes, but when they cannot be expressed well, they lose validity.
Erm, on purpose or? :crazy:

Hahaha, actually, I was going to start "They're not the..." then I switched it to "Their opnions" and didn't fully edit. :thumbsup:

Brawny said:

Surely that is comma splicing if we are going to be picky?

*OMNI-SLASH*

Hahaha, actually, I was going to start "They're not the..." then I switched it to "Their opnions" and didn't fully edit.

Opinions*

WOW, THIS IS SURE ENTERTAINING, A HUH HUH HUH.

I honestly don't care.

I get annoyed when people get upset about the smallest things that really shouldn't even matter, or when people try to be "cute" and do a correction on someone's spelling mistake. It's their keyboard, their computer and they can type however they want, it really shouldn't matter.

Same goes for the people who act like drama queens over alittle bit of poor grammar, "OMG I can't read that stuff! >_<" when it's clearly readable with the inclusion of internet lingo.

Gikoku said:
I honestly don't care.

I get annoyed when people get upset about the smallest things that really shouldn't even matter, or when people try to be "cute" and do a correction on someone's spelling mistake. It's their keyboard, their computer and they can type however they want, it really shouldn't matter.

Same goes for the people who act like drama queens over alittle bit of poor grammar, "OMG I can't read that stuff! >_<" when it's clearly readable with the inclusion of internet lingo.
I like this post.

Back