Zack And Wiki Demo (kind of) Up For Your Considerationv

In the game you do click around for your guy to move, and some of the puzzles require a lot of knowledge to complete. It really shouldn't be for kids at all. But if its not your thing thats alright.

T3kNi9e said:
Im fukin 20 years old and the game says for ages 7 or older, it doesn't really appeal to me when there are much better games for me out there.

Back when I was 20 I had already grown out of needing external validation of what I should be doing based on my age. I guess we all progress at different rates...

I don't blame you for not liking adventure games. It is a niche audience. The only time they were ever popular was back when 100,000 copies of a PC game sold was an accomplishment. I was just curious why you had a Wii since every time I can recall you commenting on a game it was to disparage the game or complain when the Cube controller isn't supported. You like the first party stuff. That's cool. Good to know.

Zakk & Wiki is sweet cause it is like a modern version of Monkey Island(PC) or Shadowgate(NES).

hal2814 said:
Back when I was 20 I had already grown out of needing external validation of what I should be doing based on my age. I guess we all progress at different rates...

I don't blame you for not liking adventure games. It is a niche audience. The only time they were ever popular was back when 100,000 copies of a PC game sold was an accomplishment. I was just curious why you had a Wii since every time I can recall you commenting on a game it was to disparage the game or complain when the Cube controller isn't supported. You like the first party stuff. That's cool. Good to know.

I do like adventure games though, as long as they are nice and long. But I like to actually control my character.

Dude, you have to give this game a chance. It's one of those games that are good for your brain. This game is not for kids at all. Maybe the first few stages are for training purposes but after those it gets really hard. It's one of the hardest games I've played and I've been playing for awhile. My girlfriend asked me why I was playing a kids game when she saw me play Zack and Wiki after Metroid and RE4. I told her to watch and help me solve some of the puzzles then after solving two of them she was hooked. Play this game til the middle part at least to see if you like it. It's a good break from shooting and killing and driving or fighting games.

T3kNi9e said:
For games like Zelda, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, etc. etc.

Soooorry that I don't like a stupid point and click adventure, im not into those types of games. Im fukin 20 years old and the game says for ages 7 or older, it doesn't really appeal to me when there are much better games for me out there.

Im not basing the game on the demo, but the demo gives you the general idea of what the game is like. I already knew it was a point and click adventure, but I was thinking you could click around for you guy to move. I don't like it and I don't think its worth paying $30 when I could just go buy Doom 3 or KOTOR and KOTOR 2 on Xbox.

I'm 24 and I think Zack & Wiki kicks ass. My 22 year old friend and my 45 year old boss think so too. *flips digits*

bruceleroy said:
Dude, you have to give this game a chance. It's one of those games that are good for your brain. This game is not for kids at all. Maybe the first few stages are for training purposes but after those it gets really hard. It's one of the hardest games I've played and I've been playing for awhile. My girlfriend asked me why I was playing a kids game when she saw me play Zack and Wiki after Metroid and RE4. I told her to watch and help me solve some of the puzzles then after solving two of them she was hooked. Play this game til the middle part at least to see if you like it. It's a good break from shooting and killing and driving or fighting games.
Even the demo posted on this thread is more complex than most puzzles in games. Awesome game!!!

bruceleroy said:

Im not saying its easy, but its still childish. Its like someone asking me if I would rather watch Spongebob or South Park. Im sure Zack and Wiki has its puzzling moments where you have to think and what not. But the simplicity of clicking around is too boring for me. Zelda shows how you can have puzzles+gameplay. But think more of Ocarina of Time because Twilight Princess was too easy.

Bleepin Zack and Wiki!! Bleepetty bleep bleep!!#%*)&. Love the game, but sometimes it makes me want to smash stuff. Good thing I get such a kick out of finding ways to die in this game. Bleepin cannibals and there bleepin friends@!#%

Back