zelda 2 the adventure of link june 4th

Feb 5, 2007
Canada
The upcoming addition of Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link on June 4 marks the 100th classic game available on the Wii Shop Channel. got right from press.nintendo

At this current rate we'll have 1000 VC games out by year 5. Which is a very low amount. Nintendo needs to bring out at least 10 VC games a week to meet the total amount of games they have. I'm hoping they'll pick up the pace to at least 5 per week, this year.

Id rater have quality stuff not any old one person liked crap

Zelda 2 was my very first Zelda, actually, it was the very first video game cartridge I ever owned. I'll probably get it on the GC collector's disc instead of VC.

sagema said:
At this current rate we'll have 1000 VC games out by year 5. Which is a very low amount. Nintendo needs to bring out at least 10 VC games a week to meet the total amount of games they have. I'm hoping they'll pick up the pace to at least 5 per week, this year.

They don't have access to the entire library of games due to licensing issues. 3rd parties get a say about whether or not they go on. Some 3rd parties of the past are no longer in the game business, like Taxan of Mystery Quest fame. Others have been purchased by Nintendo's competitors like Rare. Some titles, like Majora's Mask, require tweaking before release. Some titles, again due to licensing, would be unsaleably expensive.

At the end of the day, unless they bring more systems into the VC's capability (bring on the gameboy), I'd be impressed if they can keep the 3 games a week pace for more than a year.

i looked at the site and the article is from redmond washington so im pretty sure its the US release

No micky mouse kart on the 64 then

Not to be negative or anything... but I'd be a lot more excited if Zelda II hadn't already been released FOREVER ago in other countries. AND if it wasn't on the Collector's Disc. But I'm a tool and I'll still buy it. I just wish they used this press announcement for something like Super Mario Bros. 3 (I would say 2 but again... other countries have that and I'd be contradicting myself :p)

LOL
Rebuying the games you allready have

Screw it I pluged my Mega drive in to play Streets of rage two

I always felt Zelda 2 wasn't a very good game...

Did they list any other VC games and any other VC release dates???

KPac511 said:
Not to be negative or anything... but I'd be a lot more excited if Zelda II hadn't already been released FOREVER ago in other countries. AND if it wasn't on the Collector's Disc. But I'm a tool and I'll still buy it. I just wish they used this press announcement for something like Super Mario Bros. 3 (I would say 2 but again... other countries have that and I'd be contradicting myself :p)

Presumably you own the collector's disc, so why would you buy it again? Zelda 2 isn't that good.

Napalmbrain said:
Presumably you own the collector's disc, so why would you buy it again? Zelda 2 isn't that good.

It's a matter of taste. I liked it more than 1 or 3.

Napalmbrain said:

Like I said, I'm a tool.

I dunno, I just like having the games on the VC, too. I agree it's not THAT good... but it was my first Zelda game and I spent a LOT of time playing it with my neighbor. Besides, even if it is "buying it again", it's only $5 so it's not like I'm breaking the bank. The way I see it, I just don't buy a bottle of Pepsi or whatever at the register the next few times I buy a game at Best Buy. lol

The wii version has the save anyware function
Or long time pause

i dont know if im the only one with this problem so let me know if it has happened to u...

I DID NOT SEE ZELDA II ON MONDAY!

as a long time zelda fan i was eagerly awaiting this title. everyone and there mom says that it came out, even nintendo, but for some reason it skipped my wii! anyone!?!?

Back