Zelda: Twilight Princess versions identical

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
According to this months copy of Nntendo Power magazine they are reporting confirmation that apart from the Wiimote functionality the Wii and GC versions will be identical.

Upto now it has been believed that the Wii version will have superior graphics and possibly contain new or extra features in the game - sadly this now seems not to be the case.

This could potentially harm the Wii's success if the GC version is more widely accepted, maybe Nintendo should have released the TP already for the GC as apparently the GC version is all finished and waiting ultimately for the Wii consoles release.

Maybe this is not such a bad thing after all. Nintendo has always placed an emphasis on gameplay over graphics, and seeing as this was intended as a GC game in the first place I think they have probably done the right thing: it will keep the Legions of GC owners going and give the Wii owners something unique in the way of the Wii controller. If this game is as good as it promises, and if it lives up to exprectations, I dont think people will complain.

I'll be somewhat disappointed if these things were true. I would at least think that there would be better graphics or something extra in the Wii version. Having said that, I'm still buying TP on the Wii.

Let's be fair, Nintendo promised this game for the Gamecube a long time ago. Just because it's getting old doesn't mean they it should just get lumped with a half-baked, inferior product.

This is an ambiguous (as a result) decision by the big N. From one standpoint, it demonstrates deep loyalty considerations from Nintendo to it's long-waiting Gamecube maniacs time.... they ("wii":p) want (and deserve!) the best product possible. I'm anxiously waiting for this new (and probably the best) Zelda's chapter for YEARS... I (i mean, "wii...") deserve the best. And that's the way Nintendo is heading too: this exact logic. Creating such equal versions (without the Wii controller, of course) is a very nice idea (unfortunately!... I'd love enchantred graphics on Wii!...). You can make both Wii and GC gamers quite happy, not completely "saddening" neither of them.

While us, Wii freaks, are probably going to play the Wii version and i'd love to see some justifying graphics for a "two to three times more powerful than the GC machine", we still have a beautiful game with gameplay completely using the Wiimote (and nunchack) funcionality. Which's great, of course. Nintendo's willing to make both users happy (but not totally happy, not giving huge privileges/advantages to one or the other).

I'd LOVE to see a better graphical videogame coming out of Wii's version of TP, but I'm already quite happy with the modified controllers to get somewhat angry towards Nintendo right now. But yeah (and again): I'd LOVE to see better graphics. A more proper WII TRUE release. Maybe wii can expect something like that (more properly) coming from the next Zelda game... (somewhere around 2009??? Too far away...) :/

p.s. Sorry for the BAD English. I need more time writting for a proper expression... :/

Last edited:
This is actually a good thing. Becuase i was argueing on a thread along time ago on another forum that the games would be the same except for controll and it turns out i was right. And most the people on that forum were planing to get the gc version incase they were differnt. so well see.

well it really doesn't matter if the graphics are more real than reality or some random 64 bit game like ooh i don't know ocarina of time. The fact is that the wii version is unofficially just the cube version with the new and diverse wii controller compatibility, personally I don't care. I loved ocarina of time and i'm going to love this to, the fact that it will have the wii controller and the processing power of the wii will surely mark it out better. As for me I will probably get both versions as this will entail playing a beutiful game in two beutifuly diverse ways. Y'all can dig this SUCKA.

Maybe Nintendo though that people could compare the GC version with Wii version which is not something good....

i0n said:
This could potentially harm the Wii's success if the GC version is more widely accepted, maybe Nintendo should have released the TP already for the GC as apparently the GC version is all finished and waiting ultimately for the Wii consoles release.

But then those who are going to buy the game for the Wii for sure would have to wait while other people enjoy the game, Unless we would want to buy two copies of the game. But thats just expensive.

Back