$299 PS3 slim vs $250 Wii

Not quite 3 years, but yeah, close to it.

Anyway, I mean early in the console's current stage of sales performance, so-to-speak, not necessarily year-wise. Considering that PS3 is still in the thick of competition where most people still haven't even gotten a PS3, it is noticibly early of Sony to re-release it already when the current model still isn't as well-established as PS and PS2 were before their size reductions. Both psOne and PS2 slim released after their consoles were well-established in the competition, so this seems like the first time a slimline version is released to continue pulling the audience in rather than "reclaim" it.

My point is that the release of a slimline version was a much more aggressive move this time around (thanks to the competitive pressure this time around, no doubt).

It was a completely different ball park for the Playstation, we just left flat 2d graphics. Arcade style fun in the comfort of your own home, it was a new feeling for the gaming market.

PS2 was basically a graphics update and online play compared to the playstation, which is why it had a solid fan base. What was the PS2's competition? Surely not the Gamecube, just PC fan boys.

Xbox entered the market TRYING to take down Sony's grip on the gaming market, thus the real war begun for the PS3.

In my opinion at least.

What was the PS2's competition? Surely not the Gamecube, just PC fan boys.
The Dreamcast to start with until Sega pulled out of the decnt hard ware race (some new Sega branded things have came out but there shitty)
Xbox entered the market TRYING to take down Sony's grip on the gaming market, thus the real war begun for the PS3.
To bad Nintendo have there grip on it like a cobra holding its favorite doll

PS3 is superior than the Wii in basically every single category, except maybe its size? I totally regretted getting the Wii now, there's not a single game that impresses me except Tales of Symphonia Knights of Ratatosk, and I own about 20, mostly mainstream and new ones. DDR Hottest Party was the biggest disappointment I've ever seen in history of gaming and I'm a huge fan of the DDR series and any musical rhythm games.
So yeah if I were you I'd get any version of PS3, it simply has much much much better games with much better graphics.

Last edited:
I'll definitely keep the Wii, but this new PS3 will be getting purchased early 2010!

:)

HD DVD capacity
Yet Sony never really utilizes the size difference, mostly because that would require a game that belongs to the PS3 only.
Sony has nothing to do with that, they rely on individual developers to do what they want to with the xtra space.
Yes, I do dozens of times. I have the upscaler DVD in my bedroom configured at 1080p output resolution via HDMI Monster cable.

The Blu-ray is a Samsung brand and is in my Father's bedroom with 1080p resolution and a Monster cable HDMI.
Why monster cables?
Even if you don't play games, the PS3 is the best BluRay player around.
Who told you that? It's not true. It's the first Blu-Ray 2.0 player, but definitely not the best.

As for the argument, PS3 vs Wii, why not get both? Use the wii for those fun multiplayer games that everyone can play (though still fun) then have the ps3 for the more hardcore games with great online (compared to the wii).

It was a completely different ball park for the Playstation, we just left flat 2d graphics. Arcade style fun in the comfort of your own home, it was a new feeling for the gaming market.

PS2 was basically a graphics update and online play compared to the playstation, which is why it had a solid fan base. What was the PS2's competition? Surely not the Gamecube, just PC fan boys.

In my opinion at least.

That's right. Hence why I said the slim's release was more of an aggressive move this time around...rather than the thing being released when the console is at a comfortable seat in the competition like with the others. With the pressure on all sides this time, Sony can't afford to wait for that moment this time around.

Back