All Things Hockey

Syntax said:
Is it just me or have the Phili Flyers taken a chapter out of the Anaheim Ducks style of play during last year. What I mean to say is that this year their team has become a lot more physical to the point where it seems that their players are there to take out and or injure others by checking those who may not have the puck etc..

Honestly, I'm sick of people saying this. I know Syntax is a smart guy, but I hate people who think every hit is dirty just cause someone gets hurt. Ok, Downie's hit on McAmmond I'm pretty sure he hit with his shoulder even though he left his feet. Plus Downie was trying to make the team and stuff, but he's still an idiot. Boulerice, that was a bad hit he deff. shouldnt have done that, but what pisses me off is people coming at Randy Jones.

Randy Jones hit Patrice Bergeron into the boards, and everyone said he's a dirty player which is bull. He is a stand up guy, and the only reason the hit was so bad is because instead of cycling through around the net like you're supposed to, or bracing INTO the boards, Boulerice STOPPED SHORT of the boards. Jones wasn't ready for it so all he could do was brace himself and since Boulerice was stopping his head was lower, plus i think he's shorter than jones, and jones accidentally pushed his head into the boards. Anyone who cant realize this is just a hater. The Flyers arent as dirty as you think.

I LOVE The Sharks. but there doing so bad right now. IM listenen to a game right now. Sharks vs. Coyotes. Sharks are winning1-0 YAY! :yesnod:

Thank you Syntax. still no word if im going.

and CantGetAWii. i wish it was like that for NJ. well not it being hard to get tickets. but just the fact that every home game would be basically a sell out. big crowds make going to the game SOOOOO much better.

samXcor3 said:
Honestly, I'm sick of people saying this. I know Syntax is a smart guy, but I hate people who think every hit is dirty just cause someone gets hurt. Ok, Downie's hit on McAmmond I'm pretty sure he hit with his shoulder even though he left his feet. Plus Downie was trying to make the team and stuff, but he's still an idiot. Boulerice, that was a bad hit he deff. shouldnt have done that, but what pisses me off is people coming at Randy Jones.

Randy Jones hit Patrice Bergeron into the boards, and everyone said he's a dirty player which is bull. He is a stand up guy, and the only reason the hit was so bad is because instead of cycling through around the net like you're supposed to, or bracing INTO the boards, Boulerice STOPPED SHORT of the boards. Jones wasn't ready for it so all he could do was brace himself and since Boulerice was stopping his head was lower, plus i think he's shorter than jones, and jones accidentally pushed his head into the boards. Anyone who cant realize this is just a hater. The Flyers arent as dirty as you think.

Syntax and myself never even said that all their hits were dirty...we were just discussing how it seems like the flyers are really out to hurt the opposing team so far this year...and that their just an intensely aggressive team and that its a potential hazard for injuring someone...

JCpackers05 said:
the flyers have always been like that. instead of becoming more like the ducks from last year. id say theyre going back to their older style of play...which is basically kill everything that moves....
There the **Broad Street Bullys**
lol

Syntax said:
I guess so.. Oh did anybody happen to catch the highlights of the Dallas vs LA game a day or two ago? In the last four minutes of play the LA Kings were down 3-0 and managed to score 4 goals within four minutes while Dallas scored one and managed to bring on an OT. However, within a minute or so LA scored again. So the LA Kings set a franchise record of five goals in five minutes and seven seconds.
I saw the replay of that game, It was so intense!

Last edited:
The Canucks lost 1-0 against the Edmonton Oilers.. I was expecting a lot more from the Canucks..

Dbomb3 said:
I LOVE The Sharks. but there doing so bad right now. IM listenen to a game right now. Sharks vs. Coyotes. Sharks are winning1-0 YAY! :yesnod:
YAY!! fellow sharks fan.

Ridiculous game last night. Shouldn't have let Dallas get that point, but I still can't believe that Marelau scored in a shootout. And that we won it. Yotes again tonight. We seem to have their number.

Bruins arnt doing too bad at the minute it was a good win against the Leafs.

Any other Bruins fans on here?

I

hate

shootouts.

*Sigh* At least we get the extra point, but tonight was dead even between both sides. Should have just ended after 65 minutes. Came down between the goalies, and Nabby isn't a shootout goalie.

Ah well, still in first. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JCpackers05 said:
woot woot. 6-2 devils win over the flyers. brodeurs 500th win. and in the third period. had an AMAZING save. i almost cried it was so awesome.

1,000th post!

why do the flyers always choke against the devils?!:mad5:

FWELR said:
I

hate

shootouts.

*Sigh* At least we get the extra point, but tonight was dead even between both sides. Should have just ended after 65 minutes. Came down between the goalies, and Nabby isn't a shootout goalie.

Ah well, still in first. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i hate shootouts too. SOOOO much.

and the devils just have loads of confidence against the flyers and Biron. i wouldnt say its choking. just the devils having the flyers number :wink:

Back