All Things Hockey

double post. sorry. but news on the NHL...

there is going to be a scheduling change for the 2008-2009 season next year.

each team will play their division opponets 6 times.

each team will play all in conference teams 4 times.

Then each team will play every team in the opposite conference once.

then the remaining 3 games will be based on "at large" games.

thought id mention...a fifth player, Riley Cote, of the Flyers, was suspended for a hit on a Dallas Stars player late in the game on Saturday night. the suspension is three days.

so once again, the flyers...man. idk there isnt much to say other than that they are trying to KILL!

Yeah, the flyers GM is being put on watch or something :lol:
Too many bad hits and what not.
Serves em right!

Leafs and Preds tonight, should be a good game.

Penguins put Mark Recci on waivers.

and yeah i heard tonight during the devils game they said that if one more "dirty hit" or something happens, then the team is going to pay for it. idk what would happen.

and the devils come back from 3-0 down and win 4-3 in overtime against the bruins to make it 8 straight

Last edited:
thats ridiculous, half the hits were incidental. some were dirty but its not liek the flyers say "go elbow that dude in the face."

i cant believe neither malkin nor crosby scored in a shootout and the pens still won. God,i hate the penguins.

The Canucks beat the Nashville Predators 5 - 2

I've also heard elsewhere that the Minnesota Wild's owner is looking into selling the team.

samXcor3 said:
thats ridiculous, half the hits were incidental. some were dirty but its not liek the flyers say "go elbow that dude in the face."

i cant believe neither malkin nor crosby scored in a shootout and the pens still won. God,i hate the penguins.

incidental or not...still dangerous. and pretty much all of them were hits that they shouldnt even have thrown...

devils host the capitals tonight on "scott stevens hall of fame night" hopefully a bigger crowd will be there :yesnod: and also Jamie Langenbrunner is the new captain of the Devils. ive always liked him so thats cool.

and id also like to thank the leafs for crushing the rangers last night :yesnod:

and last thing...Mark Recci assigned to AHL

Last edited:
JCpackers05 said:
incidental or not...still dangerous. and pretty much all of them were hits that they shouldnt even have thrown...

randy jones ran into bergeron because instead of cycling around the net or bracing into the boards like a normal hockey player, bergeron stopped like a foot before the boards so jones couldnt let up.
there was another play where the dude got on his knees to play the puck (?)

and then got his head hit because it was so low. why would you get on your knees to play it?

downie and boulerice's hit deff deserved suspensions. but the others, i dont think so.

samXcor3 said:
randy jones ran into bergeron because instead of cycling around the net or bracing into the boards like a normal hockey player, bergeron stopped like a foot before the boards so jones couldnt let up.
there was another play where the dude got on his knees to play the puck (?)

and then got his head hit because it was so low. why would you get on your knees to play it?

downie and boulerice's hit deff deserved suspensions. but the others, i dont think so.

why would you hit a player who clearly was in a extremely vulnerable position?

JCpackers05 said:
why would you hit a player who clearly was in a extremely vulnerable position?

its not like the dude stayed on his knees for like 30 seconds, then the guy drilled him. the flyers guy i forget who it was, was coming to hit the guy, then the guy got on his knees, and since humans cant teleport, he hit him. its not like you can exactly just stop when youre about to throw a hit.

EDIT: no offense, but you being from jersey shold be familiar with mr scott stevens, the career ender to end all careers, and just because he hit clean doesnt mean there wasnt intent there to take out some guys.

Leafs on a 4 game winning streak?
I think its time to celebrate while I can :lol:

Boston on Tomorrow Night, should be interesting..Antropov coming off the Hat Trick, Steen scoring a pretty passing play goal last night..everybody catch that goal, highlight of the night baby :lol:

Hopefully are scoring doesn't dry up like it seems to when we have played the Bruins this season.

Joe Thornton + Evegeni Nabokov = San Jose Sharks

Best road team, close to worst home team. Go figure.

Thought some of you would find this video to be quite funny..

Thank You For Flying Air Hasek

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VauOUu6EKog[/MEDIA]

Back