Black Nationalism

Destiny

Survived WC for 2 years
Mar 17, 2008
PR.
Wii Online Code
3929-2153-1019-2260
No too long ago, I discovered a forum whose goal is to fight for a nation for black people only. They call that Black Nationalism. They think they 'deserve' their own land because of all the years their ancestors suffered. They hate racism, but they're racist themselves as they are not seeking equal rights. I find it very stupid and so do all my black friends.

They also call white people who disagree with their views "The white devil". They also filter words that are offensive to the black race and not the ones that are offensive to the white race. They think white people are inferior. They also capitalize the words "black" and "white". It's really stupid, if you ask me.

What are your thoughts?

There will always be insane people in this world, I'm afraid.

It just goes to show, racists come in all colours.

I know. I just think that this particular group of people are some of the most idiotic I have met.

Any form of nationalism is flawed. It goes hand in hand with elitism and demonising 'the other'.

Just goes to show that people haven't learnt from the past, on either side. We have far more in common with each other than differences between us.

But all in all, I think that's something they've got to deal through. Each person has their own problems, and it's only through overcoming those that we can live better as a society.

Any form of nationalism is flawed. It goes hand in hand with elitism and demonising 'the other'.

Just goes to show that people haven't learnt from the past, on either side. We have far more in common with each other than differences between us.

But all in all, I think that's something they've got to deal through. Each person has their own problems, and it's only through overcoming those that we can live better as a society.

I agree with you. I just disagree with their views. They think racial segregation is going to solve racial problems in today's society. However, I don't think that these people will ever achieve that.

And I feel their pain and their ancestors' pain. However, that's all in the past. Slavery was abolished many, many years ago. Yes, there's still racism today. But now black people have many opportunities.

I wonder what would happen if they and the KKK were in the same room...

White and black are just skin colors. Although many people don't call someone black just because of their skin color, but if they have recent African descent.

Like Kyle stated, Asian and Hispanics are proper adjectives. So it would be grammatically correct to capitalize them. It's completely different with "white" and "black".

White and black are just skin colors. Although many people don't call someone black just because of their skin color, but if they have recent African descent.
How does that work? My great-grandmother was black, but you certainly wouldn't consider me black if you saw me walking by or something. My skin's white, therefore I'm white.

How does that work? My great-grandmother was black, but you certainly wouldn't consider me black if you saw me walking by or something. My skin's white, therefore I'm white.

I'm not quite sure how that works.

There was a discussion brought up. And someone said something about Aboriginals. Then a black nationalist said that he didn't consider Aboriginals black because they aren't of recent African descent.

One thing I've never quite understood is race nationalism. 'Oh, some guy with the same skin tone as me achieved that, therefore I'm a better person!'

It's inane, and insane.

This is like pan-Arabism, the idea that all Arabs should live together in one big nation, regardless of religion. I have to say, pan-Arabism sounded like a damn good idea at first, if only because Christian Arabs and Muslim Arabs fight too much.

Oh, and off topic, but black women are the most attractive. My girlfriend's stunning.

Back