Brawl Midnight Release

Jun 22, 2007
USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Well recently, as we all know, Halo 3 had a midnight realease. This thread is about the discussion of a midnight release for Brawl.

Do you think it's a good idea? Bad one? And do you think Nintedo will even think about the possibility?

I'm not sure if Brawl would be "hardcore" enough to have one, but it's an idea anyway.

hmm, brawl...midnight release............sounds.......good

If I'm not mistaken, its not up to Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't sell the copies directly, the retail store does, so it'd be up to them.

I'm pretty sure that EB/GS base it on pre-order sales. If it has a certain number of preorders, then they have a midnight release. MSC and MP3 did not have one, I dont think, but surely Brawl will.

It depends on the amount of Wii owners in certain cities, and how many pre-orders for Brawl are token. Halo 3 was a much bigger series/trilogy then brawl is, so it's hard to say.

^ I don't think so, and 12/3 is a monday. I'd have to stay up until 12:00 on a school night. I don't stay up late, because if I stay up past 11, I fall asleep on the couch anyway. It would be hard to stay awake, lol.

I don't think there will be too big of a rush to get brawl. It comes out December 3rd which is really close to christmas. I'm waiting until then to get it. I bet that's what a lot of people are going to do.

Nothing Nintendo has put out in recent years has had the publicity and notariety of Halo 2, which lead to the huge demand for Halo 3. There won't be a midnight release of any Wii game for a couple years at least.

Lol if it were on a weekend, Hell yes, But on a school day?.. But who knows i might just leave the house X3

Halo 3 had midnight release because, seriously... when you think Xbox you think Halo. Halo is what made Xbox what it is today. I really dont think SSBB will have midnight release because, even though it will probably be a uber game, it isnt so... famous, as other games.

i think its a great idea! it may not get as many sales but i think it would still sell. alot of people ply the wii and are exciteto get it!!

Its a good idea, but it doesn't mater really.
Its either being sold at 12 or later on in the morning.

its not that Smash Bros. isn't popular enough (Melee sold more than Halo CE did and nearly quadrupled Halo 2 in Japan), but it won't happen for several reasons:

a: its released on a "Monday" which means that most retailers won't have it until Tuesday. that's a hint enough for you there.

b: many people are getting it for Christmas, not on launch

c: it has not been crazy overhyped like Microsoft does with their games (which is odd since all Nintendo does is games, so you think they'd promote their own product) so you won't get the press coverage with celebs in line waiting to play

d: ssbb is, in all reality, a fanboy's dream. nintendo is trying to focus on "broadening the market" right now. im hearing Brain Age 2 ads on sports talk shows. the point is: they know this game will sell, and they don't have to try.

Back