Brawl Tournament

yeah but Norfair is never banned in tournaments, at least none of the ones I've joined. I'm wondering where you got that information? And normally I'd support your Brawl philosophy about ground-fighting as the best way to have a "true battle," but then I think of characters like Jigglypuff who rarely ever use ground attacks, and i know the phrase "true battle" is not logical. there's no such thing as a "true" battle and "untrue" battle in Brawl, only "fair" and "unfair," and something like "abnormal terrain" does not in itself make a stage unfair.

As I said, air attacks should only be mainly used to intercept someone in the air, or used as an approach, the latter being exactly what Jigglypuff does.

Lol, you've been to tournament? Ah well, I've seen Norfair banned countless times. And as I said, it's customary for a logical tournament to ban stages with too uncontrolable variables or hazards, as well as bad terrain.

Bad terrain can make a stage unfair, such as the temple. Camping in the bottom area means you rely on luck to kill the enemy, or stall as long as possible to rack up the enemy's previously only 10% damage to 100% as that person lands multiple attacks that WOULD of killed you if you weren't camping in that terrible area. Bad terrain can definatly make stages unfair.

Another thing on that subject - Corneria. Infinities are extremely easily perform their, such as on the back of the upwards-arching wall. The lasers are also hazardous at times. Corneria is only in tournies because people have self respect and don't infinite whenever possible(unless infinites aren't banned.. which would be retarded).

Places like Norfair have uncontrollable hazards, meaning it can get very unfair at times and simply out of control.

sorry to say but i'm with CK

Norfair has to many hazards from the various lava attacks. the ledges make a side ko the only sure way to win against someone with a tether. the small platforms make fighting near impossible without aerial attacks which give some characters major advantages. the stage needs to be banned.

also, Norfair is banned at every tournament i ever go to

WarioWare is an obvious ban IMO. Norfair..... it's not as hazardous as some others but I'd still vote to ban it just for fairness. Lol, it seems like there's only gonna be Battlefield and Final Destination left unbanned. Maybe Smashville. That one floating platform really is unfair though... :lol::D

Edit: Lmao @ Shadow's avatar.

if you like my avy then read my sig :D

also i won't allow for Battlefield, FD and smashville to be the only stages.

i'm just putting it up cause i'm pretty sure of the answer anyways.

EVERYBODY MUST KEEP TRACK OF THIS!

Ban on Warioware

i vote yes

Yes: 1
No: 0

Ban on Norfair

i vote yes

yes: 1
no: 0

Looks like the vote on Norfair is pretty one sided so far.. 4 yes 1 no so far, right?

I agree Real-o, your avatar is full of win, Shadow. xD Your sig goes perfect with it too. :lol: If rep still existed I'd give you some.

EDIT: Forget about the Wario ware thing.. I think it's 4 and 0 for the ban?

I don't get how this works. Sorry, I'm a n00b. :p

Is there a tourney going down? Where can I get the details/FCs for those involved?

Go here to join the tournament: http://www.wiichat.com/competitions.php?do=view&id=2
This page can also be accessed by clicking the "Online Gaming" link near the top of most pages of the forum.

Shadow, maybe you should put that URL in the first post?

Ban on Warioware

Yes: 2
No: 0

Ban on Norfair

yes: 2
no: 0

No, there's no tournament here, just a lot of people discussing whether we should ban stages or not. In fact, I can't be bothered to be in here, this is more boring than listening to Leona Lewis.

No, there's no tournament here, just a lot of people discussing whether we should ban stages or not. In fact, I can't be bothered to be in here, this is more boring than listening to Leona Lewis.

LOL freaking +1 . u know half of these ppl aren't even in the tourney, they just came here to complain about stages they personally don't like. How fair is that?? Plus, this has already been done by people much more skilled than us on Smashboards. I mean, we could be using their list and just vote to make minor changes to it, instead of voting on every single stage, which will take 1000 years. it's ridiculous to go through all this just for one little single-elimination tourney, where half the people won't even get past round 1, assuming more than 6 ppl show up, which is doubtful considering the tourney doesn't start till LATE MARCH at the earliest. i'm 3 seconds away from ditching

Last edited:
Back