Call of Duty 4 Beats Halo 3 As Top LIVE Game

pro gamer said:
how could it be possible! Call of duty 4 is one of the worst games I ever played.(along with gears of war)
Let me guess you like Halo, which is a good game, but is garbage in comparison to that of COD4. Graphics are better, gameplay is better, and the online is better.

pro gamer said:
That is the only weakness of halo3.

so in other words, half of the game is Halo's weakness. Because the run n gun style of it is okay in campaign but it sucks online. Seeing as online is half the game, if not more. That one weakness basically drags down the whole game seeing as its basically everything Halo is.

I like to run 'n gun playing COD sometimes, but most of the time it bites you in the butt, because you'll be running and you'll run into the other team and they're ready to shoot and you have to stop running before you can. I find it so much better than halo, because it doesn't take 50 rounds of an assault rifle to kill your opponent, and the knife/melee isn't key to getting kills like it is in halo.

Comparing the campaigns, I'd have to say I prefer COD's there too. I wasn't impressed with the campaign of halo, but I liked the premise and the presentation of the campaign in COD.

Essentially I loved halo until COD came out, and haven't touched halo since then. I used to be pretty decent at halo, stay around 1st-3rd in online matches, but since I've gotten used to COD and now I usually get 1st-3rd when I play.

So Call of Duty 4 gets ahead for one week and everyones excited?
Wow guys, one week! That's insane!
:rolleyes:
It should be celebrated when it catches up with how many weeks Halo has been in the lead.
Not a Call of Duty hater by any means, great game, but let's just wait before we all get excited about this. Not really a big deal either. At least in my eyes.

It isn't a big deal, but the fact that people hold halo as the holy grail of online gaming is a bit ridiculous in my eyes.

pro gamer said:
how could it be possible! Call of duty 4 is one of the worst games I ever played.(along with gears of war)
ummmm...obviously your not a hardcore gamer. halo is dominated by little kids online. call of duty 4 is honestly the BEST online shooter out there. give me some reasons why you hate cod4? gears...i need no reasons. im with you on that one lol, but cod4 is just godly and halo 3 is just dumb! its only good for split screen multiplayer.

reasons for my dislike of halo 3 include:
its the same as halo 2 with updated graphics and different guns.
there is no strategy to halo what-so-ever
dominated by kids under the age of 15 with squeeky voices and dialouge like a sailor (sorry if this describes you, wich im assuming it does. i just get that vibe your about 14 years old, no offense meant)

but all that said i still play halo 3 sometimes (hence my sig.) i actually really liked it before i go tcall of duty 4 and all it's aw esomeness. actually im kinda craving some cod after this. lol

just rent it man, give it a shot.

SensesFail said:
ummmm...obviously your not a hardcore gamer. halo is dominated by little kids online. call of duty 4 is honestly the BEST online shooter out there. give me some reasons why you hate cod4? gears...i need no reasons. im with you on that one lol, but cod4 is just godly and halo 3 is just dumb! its only good for split screen multiplayer.

reasons for my dislike of halo 3 include:
its the same as halo 2 with updated graphics and different guns.
there is no strategy to halo what-so-ever
dominated by kids under the age of 15 with squeeky voices and dialouge like a sailor (sorry if this describes you, wich im assuming it does. i just get that vibe your about 14 years old, no offense meant)

but all that said i still play halo 3 sometimes (hence my sig.) i actually really liked it before i go tcall of duty 4 and all it's aw esomeness. actually im kinda craving some cod after this. lol

just rent it man, give it a shot.
dont see? he IS one of the little kids of which you speak on halo 3.

I'm not suprised, I've only played like 2 halo 3 games since I've got COD4 :p

Ive been knowing this since day one......ever since i saw Call Of Duty: 4 Modern Wars...i think thats the name.....Ive been saying it will do better than Halo 3...

Halo 3 is a great game dont get me wrong....but it cant be the best FPS forever...and lets just say, it had to give up its throne of FPS to a genre that did a lot better...

Don't speak too soon. I love CoD4 100x better than Halo and glad to see it won #1, but thats just for 1 week. This week, Halo could be on top again. Seeing as CoD4 sold a little over 3 mill and Halo sold over 8 mill, its going to be hard to keep on top. Maybe Halo fans took a break last week :p

call of duty 4 will stay on top. i seriously hope they are working on 5 now for this generation. i dont want to wait much longer lol.

and i really want a map pack. the maps are so good but we could use a few more. the maps are really diverse and id like to see a little more of that.

a map with tons of grass and very few buildings would be ideal for a map pack. just make a snipers haven of a map. similar to overgrown i guess but less buildings and taller grass

Back