Camping at Gamestop for Brawl

Wait, you're camping just to camp? I just pre-ordered mine, I plan on driving up to Circuit City sunday afternoon and picking it up. I have never camped out for even a console. I don't have the patience to stand in line and I would feel akward like someone said. Unless a few of my friends would wait with me. But none of them would do it either.

Belarr, you've done two triple posts! Not good!

Good on you for camping out though. Starting on Friday seems a little overboard... but whatever. I hope you're not disappointed by Brawl!

Cute, but there's one major gap in all your planning

12:00 AM doesn't exist on that sunday, 'cause daylight saving time begins...it jumps from 11:59 to 1:00.

For dkw0101 that means going to walmart, then sleeping...haha

T3kNi9e said:
Wait, you're camping just to camp? I just pre-ordered mine, I plan on driving up to Circuit City sunday afternoon and picking it up. I have never camped out for even a console. I don't have the patience to stand in line and I would feel akward like someone said. Unless a few of my friends would wait with me. But none of them would do it either.
I already pre-ordered, I just like the experience of the line.

AndThen? said:
Belarr, you've done two triple posts! Not good!

Good on you for camping out though. Starting on Friday seems a little overboard... but whatever. I hope you're not disappointed by Brawl!
I just realized that >.<

anax4aero said:
Cute, but there's one major gap in all your planning

12:00 AM doesn't exist on that sunday, 'cause daylight saving time begins...it jumps from 11:59 to 1:00.

For dkw0101 that means going to walmart, then sleeping...haha
I hate you :p

Waiting in line is awesome when you're with friends. I've never gone for that long though, I was there for maybe 9 hours for the Wii. This time I'm just gonna go on Sunday at around 9 and just hang out for 3 hours. Get home and play Subspace until I finish it. I'm guessing around 9-10. Start doing events and such after that til about 12 then meet up with my friend and play VS all day. Good stuff

Here's my schedule for Saturday and Sunday:

12-8: Sleep
8-8:30: Get ready for church
8:30-11: Go to church
11-?: Do my Sunday chores(mow the lawn, clean, sweep, do homework, etc etc)
?- Half an hour later than ?: Drive 25 miles to the closest Best Buy and pick up my reserved copy of Brawl
Half an hour later than ?-Another half an hour later: Drive home
Another half an hour later-12AM: Play Brawl

T3kNi9e said:
You have friends waiting for you? Can't imagine just standing in line for so long could be fun.
1 friend, but is an AWESOME experience.

Zori said:
Waiting in line is awesome when you're with friends. I've never gone for that long though, I was there for maybe 9 hours for the Wii. This time I'm just gonna go on Sunday at around 9 and just hang out for 3 hours. Get home and play Subspace until I finish it. I'm guessing around 9-10. Start doing events and such after that til about 12 then meet up with my friend and play VS all day. Good stuff
It's a great time, you meet new people and have a great time.

gododgers said:
Here's my schedule for Saturday and Sunday:
You have lost your nerd heritage.

Belarr said:
My schedule looks something like this.

Friday:
  • 9:30am - Go to class
  • 3:03pm - Leave class and get stuff
  • 4:15pm - Get in front of GS and sit
  • 7:30pm - Get dinner (pizza) at Target
  • 11:30pm - Sleep

Saturday:
  • 6:15am - Get breakfast at Subway
  • 11:30am - Get lunch
  • 5:00pm - Get dinner
  • 10:00pm - Keep my space in the line
  • 11:59 - GET BRAWL

Sunday:
  • 1:00am - Go to friends house and play SSBB

But I am unsure of how to burn time whilst there, I will have a portable color TV and a DS with me though.

I'm hoping my gamestop won't be busy so I can go there at 11:57pm, walk in, get brawl at 12:01am, and go home happily.

Belarr said:
It's medium size: Irvine California

Sounds fun.

OOh, Irvine, that's a pretty big town compared to mine (Fountain Valley) I live so close to Irvine. I'm going to go to Gamestop at like 11 pm on saturday or I might just call them and ask if they think they'll have any left in the morning.

Vigilante said:
I'm hoping my gamestop won't be busy so I can go there at 11:57pm, walk in, get brawl at 12:01am, and go home happily.
^:crazy:
Good luck!

wiiisawesome said:
OOh, Irvine, that's a pretty big town compared to mine (Fountain Valley) I live so close to Irvine. I'm going to go to Gamestop at like 11 pm on saturday or I might just call them and ask if they think they'll have any left in the morning.
I hope you get one :p

Ive already touched the game in a local Jap import store, months before it comes to Australia, so that novelty has worn off.
Still I want to get it at midnight, so I'll just pre-order it, grab some mates and dinner, then head down pick it up and play it til the early(er) hours.

Deanis said:
Ive already touched the game in a local Jap import store, months before it comes to Australia, so that novelty has worn off.
Still I want to get it at midnight, so I'll just pre-order it, grab some mates and dinner, then head down pick it up and play it til the early(er) hours.
>.> Still an awesome game.

Vigilante said:
Same here, atleast the latter sentence.
Huh...

Back