chachs official Resident Evil 4 hints and questions Thread

Marioman said:
Woo just beat the game for the first time, now when i load up my file that I beat the game on it starts a new game with all my stuff, is this on expert mode or is it still on easy mode, i hope its on expert...
no, it's normal.
to start a pro file, go on "New Game" and you choose from Normal or Pro. u have to start alllll over again XD

i just tried a Bolt-Action-Rifle handicap Pro run on the bulldozer part; it was hell since i only got 2 green herbs, so i just quit x) sheesh that was the very first time i ever gave up in that game lol

Last edited:
Riviet said:
Hey guys, what are your current mercenaries high scores? Was just wondering.
Mine arn't too good lol, I haven't played it too much but...13740 for the village,10410 for the castle, 59280 for the water place, and I don't even have a score for the other one

I havn't being playing much, mainly on weekends and for an hour at the beginning and end of the week (thats when I leave early!!!)

I'm on level 3-1 at the moment. Took me a few goes to kill the big Cheese, tuned my shot gun up in the end and he was mine! Then came the truck, I thought I could dodge, obviously not! I noticed when in the castle the aim was sticking, I changed the batteries but it still did it. Fine once I'm back outside after going through the door though, anyone else have that problem there?

I made it upstairs on top of the castle and the last catapult on the left was killing me. Took me a couple of times before I shot them.

I switched the swords after killing the monks pretty much straight away.

I'm down in the prison now and having trouble killing the prisoner with the huge blades!

He can't see as his eyes have been sewn shut, so he can only hear you move - but only if you run. So just walk away from him and then when you get a clear shot at the parasite on his back, pull the trigger! Or you can shoot the big bell, and he will run at that and his blades will get trapped, giving you a clear shot at his back.

Last edited:
EDIT: Apologies for the double post, it said it didn't work, when it did.

Last edited:
I've killed the blade guy and saved.

I have:

15 hand gun shells
2 shot gun shells
7 riot gun shells
1 grenade
5 incen grenades

Is it possible to kill all the monks? 2 gos so far suggests not!

Am not even going to say what score I just got on Mercenaries, think the one star I got says it all:O :O
Definitely not as easy as thought it was gonna be, Wario, did you say use the golden hourglass when lots of enemies are coming at me? Or, do you run around and find the extra time before too many enemies are after you. As you can see, not good at mercenary strategy!!!

Summer

umm....sorry for my late replys...as u can see...wiichat is slow during the yesterday...

@marc - yes...its possible...just bundle them up in one spot and throw the flame grenades..... and pick up the items

@ summerdown- the golden hour glass gives you more time every time u kill an enemy.....so the more enemies there are, the more time u get......the blue hourglass gives u time....thats all

Finally killed them! Upgraded my guns first to ammo refill. Picked up a fair bit of ammo too!

Now I've just got to keep Ashley (and myself!) safe whilst she operates the lever!

Back