chachs official Resident Evil 4 hints and questions Thread

Thanks wario, but I'm don't have the skillz, I think. I was killed 71 times on the level out of a total of over 400 times on this effort so far. Impressive, no? Anyway, I went back, scraped together 30k without having to sell any weaponry, bought the rocket launcher, and beat him that way. Movin' on to 5-4. I don't have any money left, but at least I've got a few extra herbs and a fair amount of ammo, so I'm hoping to squeeze by here.

lol....i dont have to be good.....just got straight at him when he is open....like when his is running at you or when he jumps down

I'm currently feeling a lot of negative energy surrounding 5-4. Whats up with the chopper support on this level for pro? Is it just there for the lovely sound effects or what?

Last edited:
ok well I'm currently cooling my heels in the second area, upstairs from a tunnel to the left side right after you enter. I'm being pinned down by 3 chain gunners, and I've already killed all grenados in the vicinity. The gunners are sitting there firing periodically, I can hear the chopper above, but I've been waiting here for at least 10 minutes for him to tell me to take cover. Booooring!

AAAnnnnnd, about two minutes after that, he showed up, finally!

Last edited:
All right, golf clap for me! I got that chargy thingy. What's that supposed to do? I was feeling kinda sorry when I restarted a new game for that one guy in the first house in 1-1. Everyone tries out their new stuff on him.

Yeah, got the PRL - but not real sure how to make good use of it. I guess if you just tap it once, you can blind everyone in the room, and for quite a while too. I don't know how to charge it up and actually kill anything though. Any clues on that?

Anyway, now that I have that, I went ahead and bought the Chi-ty. AND the unlimited rocket launcher. What the hell. If a guy can't splurge on himself once in a while, what good is it all anyway?

But with those things, the game is now just completely different. It's really ironic for me, that two days ago, I was struggling with all my might to squeeze by, not even, levels, just sections within levels, not knowing if I was going to be able to keep going as I limped by with little health and less ammo.

Now, I can run through the game killing two gingantors at a time without blinking, racking up millions of pesetas with no particular use for the money, crunching enemies as if I were stepping on corn flakes.

The only thing I can still do, I guess, is beat the mercenaries part, which I haven't been able to do yet. I also haven't seen Britney - er, Ashley - in her "armor" outfit. Is that what she's wearing under "Special 2"? Does anyone else think that the Special 2 outfit Leon is wearing is not so much "gangster" as it is "Broadway Dancer"?

Yeah, man. That things's invincible. I have to admit it's kinda fun pounding on the dudes in the particular sections that gave me the most trouble. If anybody manages to get a stray hit on me now, I make sure to make him suffer.

It's kind of amazing, really. A room that used to take me 45 minutes to get through now takes me about 8 seconds. I also sometimes look at these rooms now, with all the mowed-down enemies, and I think, damn how did I ever get through this with just regular weapons?

So how about some tips for making best use of the PRL?

Last edited:
lol...i bought it....but i never used it...lol....i just use the chicago typewriter.....did try reloading it with leons special suit....do it four times and you'll see

Back