*CHEERS* I know what the latest update(3/20/08) is for!!!!!

Wiinter said:
In your first post you said that because the spring update adds the expansion tech to the VC, it meant that MM must be coming. In this post, you say Nintendo told you over the phone that MM was coming, and then told you the expansion tech would be coming as well. Why not just say in the first post that Nintendo told you MM was coming? Somehow that seems like more substantial proof than what you actually said.

I find your report to be less than credible.

i ment buy it for my new N64, not wii.

anyway, is DK64 really that good?

Last edited:
Neox™ said:
i ment buy it for my new N64, not wii.

anyway, is DK64 really that good?

The first bullet point is pretty much irrelevant.

* majoras mask is coming out in spring some time, called nintendo and asked they said yes
* also asked if i had buy something, he said no there is a download on march 20th

Why didn't you just post "Nintendo says MM is coming in spring", given the line of events you laid out? Your first post makes it sound like you figured out what was in the update, and then deduced that it must be to make MM playable. Flimsy compared to actually being told the game was coming out.

Wiinter said:
The first bullet point is pretty much irrelevant.

Why didn't you just post "Nintendo says MM is coming in spring", given the line of events you laid out? Your first post makes it sound like you figured out what was in the update, and then deduced that it must be to make MM playable. Flimsy compared to actually being told the game was coming out.

i worded it weird, so what. how come u only one to complain?
the first bullet was when i realized the red thing's soft ware didn't come with the 64, or wii
(i know the wii doesnt have it or they would have put out a game that uses the expanson packs softwere out)

here is a list of games that use the E.P. for N64 (and possible future wii shop relises [spelling]):here

{scroll down until u see the game list}

Last edited:
Uhm, you do realize that the Expansion Pack's technology is extremely outdated and that all the games that required it(Turok, LoZ:MM, DK64) could be run without any problems on your Wii? I highly doubt Nintendo would release an E.P. download when the hardware has been far surpassed already.

Neox™ said:
i worded it weird, so what. how come u only one to complain?

The reason bad rumors spread so easily on the internet is that it's users aren't very savvy about things.

I complain because I want to know how reliable this is on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm a big fan of MM. It's my second favorite title next to Zelda 2 (both black sheep to most fans).

the first bullet was when i realized the red thing's soft ware didn't come with the 64, or wii
(i know the wii doesnt have it or they would have put out a game that uses the expanson packs softwere out)

Seems like flimsy evidence. Maybe they haven't put out one of those games because there aren't very many of them (only 2 games actually require it's use and only two more lean on it heavily). If there were loads of exp pack games, and none of them were on VC, your proof would be a little more firm. With so few, and with so few N64 games at all (12) on VC, it's not a great standard.

Again, if Nintendo told you that the VC emulator didn't have expansion tech, and that it had just or was about to receive the tech, that's the more reliable "proof".

Of course, Nintendo doesn't usually make VC announcements over the phone to users, so that proof is a little suspect as well. Even if someone really told you that, it's possible they were simply making it up themselves, or guessing.

It's possible to be right and still not be credible. We all know MM will make it to VC someday. One of the reasons it likely hasn't yet is because Nintendo has always had trouble emulating certain things within the game. The Zelda Collectors Edition game had problems with the way the game's music was written. They decided it was no big deal since that disc was a freebie. But since they're going to be selling this one, I imagine they might want it to work correctly. I don't think we'll receive the original ROM on that one. I think they'll tinker with it first.

That is VERY true that Nintendo can and will tinker with the VC game before being released. Check out Wave Race and see for yourself that they can do that.
As far as the update goes, it pretains to the upcoming WiiWare channel. It is the compression method that Nintendo will use to help minimize the WiiWares game space. Now the Wii does have 4GB of flash memory in it so who knows. As previously posted, the Wii is SERIOUSLY more capable of running the games without the Expansion Pack. The N64 needed it to boost it's processing power by 4MB. This is no longer a hurdle for Nintendo. It would be like thinking the 360 needed a memory boost to play XBox games. Also, Nintendo reps would never know what is happening behind closed doors. It's like calling the automotive department at Wal-Mart and asking if they have Mario Kart Wii yet, they would not know.

Man had us all going with the expansion pack update, like meationed before it is highly unlikely that nintendo would have done such a stupid update tbh otherwise i doubt i would play star fox for the SNES unless i downloaded a update for the Super FX ability LOL.
still i hope we get a 4gig update over here in the UK

still i hope we get a 4gig update over here in the UK

No, no, no.... we never got a 4GB update either. The Wii has a 4GB Nand Flash chip in it already. Your Wii has this also. I was simply saying that the update in question was the compression method for the upcoming WiiWare games. I am "guessing" that they will announce that an update using the memory will happen at E3 this year. Again, that's my guess.

It is not for this at all. If you goto the Wii Shop Channel, and the this is one the screen before you actually shop, it has like the updated games at the bottom there is like links to articles on new stuff. It says something about an update and if you click on it, it talks about the 3/20 Update being for the new Wii Ware services that will becoming out later this year.

ShawVAuto said:
The Wii has a 4GB Nand Flash chip in it already. Your Wii has this also.

No, not so much. The Wii has 512 megs storage, and about another 90megs or so for active processes (RAM). Where'd the rest of it go?

:lol: ... what are you guys talking about. I previously stated that the update is the compression method for the WIIWARE! The 4GB Nand Flash is TOTALLY seperate from that. Nintendo HAS NOT done anything with it yet. The Wii has 512MB of internal memory for VC games, saved games, etc. It also has a 4GB Nand Flash chip. I said I am guessing that they will start to utilize this for the WiiWare games, and/or future things. They are not using it now and the update was for the compression of the Wiiware games.

Here's the link for the 4GB chip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihXP9WYhLc&feature=related

Fast forward to 3:11 and listen carefully.

Back