Connection Help

Okay, so anyone gotten the datel LAN adapter to work? I got one and it utterly fails to work. Sniffing the connection reveals that it is ignoring every packet that it receives.

First I used the default settings. When it requests an IP address via dhcp and receives one it just waits a bit and then sends another request. Does this a few times and then appears to tell the Wii that it never received an address. When I assigned a static IP it sends an ARP packet requesting a route to the gateway and then ignores that as well. Resends a few ARP requests and then quits out on self test.

I can't think of how this could possible matter (it's sending standard IP traffic) but I'm connecting to a netgear switch, to another netgear switch to a linux router. All the switches check out fine and dhcp works fine. Also there are no outbound traffic restrictions and there was nothing incoming rejected that could possibly have been send to the Wii.

Anyone else seen problems like this?

oh I forgot to mention. It gives error 52022 when it is in static IP mode (fails to see ARP reply) and gives error 52221 when in dhcp mode (fails to see dhcp reply.)

Nintendo's tech support claimed that the Datel LAN adapter doesn't work with the Wii, even though it's labeled saying that it does on the box. I didn't believe them, but ordered one from the Big N and sure enough it worked and the Datel didn't. Still find it hard to believe that they would have the audacity to do such blatant false advertising...

I kept getting error code 52140 when trying to connect to my usb wi-fi, this went on for ages. I posted on here a few times and loads of people have the same problem, i tried the LAN adaptor as well and no success, then suddenly yesterday, i tried what i had seen on a website (sorry can't remember site) I unplug my gamecube memory cards and Walla, It started updating WOOHOO my 1st day on-line with my wii

So i downloaded Wii channels and 3 VC games, Great!!

And THEN tried connecting today and it doesn’t work ARHHHH that’s without my memory cards in again, WHATS GOING ON NINTENDO!!!! comes up with same error, also i had to re-install Wi-fi usb adaptor, something strange is going on

Edit..... after trying several times i managed to get back online, AOL i thinks the cause

Last edited:
After purchasing a Wii points card I tried redeeming the points on the shop channel, the card was recognized but when I then went to redeem the points I got an error message "error code 205813 an error has occurred that cannot be resolved at this time please try again later" I have since tried about three times with two different cards. Any ideas?
I am connecting to the internet via a LAN adapter from the modem to the wii

Hi,

I recently set up my Wii to my Router. Worked first time without any problems, I got into the shop channel and the internet channel etc... I had to disconnect my wii for a short time. When I went back in it worked fine on the internet channel, however when I attempted to access the shop channel, a message told me that there was a system update needing performed first and to go into settings and action this first. I tried to do this, however the system update keeps failing and I cannot get access to the shop channel, but I can still get into the internet channel?

Can anyone help me?

error code 101405

Please help I ot my Wii on release day in Australia and recently we got a wireless router so I thought great I dont have to by a LAN adapter for it. So anyway I tried and it automatically detects settings and it went and updated which took about 15 minutes maybe less, so I try to go to Wii shop or any of the others and it says i have to accept the agreement but before that i have to configure my internet settings which I already have done, so I do it and it tests connection and says error 101405 wii connect 24 unavailable or suthing. so i have changed the channel from 6 to 1 and reset my router and I formatted the wii from the menu and now it doesnt install the update at all and come up with error 101405. I loked on wiierrors.com its not there I also loked on nintendo and they dont even know what its about. I have changed the channel again to 11 and am going to try that, if that doesnt work im going to do a hard restore. but i really wanted to get some classics and use the chanells etc. can someone please help me?

Got error code 107304 when trying to connect to the news channel... Every other channel works perfectly (internet, weather, everybody votes), plus when testing my connection I sometimes get error code 52330, and sometimes I don't and it goes well, but even if I don't get it and connect succesfully, I still get the same error when starting the news channel.

2 days ago the wii was fine and didn't have any issues connecting to internet, I didn't even touch the configuration of the router or pc when the problem started to happen...

Tried resetting router several times, tried with channels 1 and 11 and every other wi-fi device works perfectly (including DS).

Please help, I'm starting to think it is my Wii that is faulty :(

EDIT: I formatted my Wii and it keeps happening, so it's either a problem with the router, which I highly doubt, or it is something with the hardware of the Wii...

Last edited:
ok here is my proplem i got my internet to work it connected fine everthing was going great i finshed the wii upload and then it was cool i used the new and weather channles and it worked then i tryed the wii shop and after 15 min it wouldnt open so i read on here to change it to channle 11 and tried that now i wont work at all i tried to just restart all over and now when it does the internet test i get error code 51330 so can someone plz help me!!

PLEASE HELP!

I'm new to the whole online thing so please excuse my lack of techincal knowledge.

I'm currently trying to connect my PC to my Nintendo Wii.

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2 a Neargear Wireless ADSL Modem Router DG843G.

Please can somebody guide me through an "idiots sytle guide" to how I get my Wii to access the router and allow me access the Online Channels and the virtual console.

Thanks in advance, would really appreciate any help

Hopefully this will help someone, :) , ive posted on this thread, and have now managed to get online a few weeks ago, (as writing this post on my Wii :wink: )
this is what i did after months of gettin error codes 51340 using a usb Wi-fi adaptor
. If youve got Aol make it if possible so that you have just a connection dont have the aol software active
. Unplug Gamecube memory cards and anythin in the Wii's usb ports
.Right click on Wi-fi icon in bottom right of pc, Stop leave for a few min and the start
.Now try connection test

i think the cause is a mixture between Aol firewalls and the Wii

it worked for me worth a try

241001. not enough memory to display flash content. try to reload page.

ne1 else get this message? i get it quite a bit whenever im trying to play flash games online...:confused: i then reload the page only to have to start over whatever it was i was doing! and that my friends really sux bigtime!!!

52032 and 52031 i know i have to change my channel on my wireless router which i changed to both 1 and 11 but i get the change channel error code every time when i test the connection

Back