Debate Thread

Yeah ours need new equipment apparently lol

Most things are better than spending it on murderers and rapists.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
Well as the name suggests come here to debate about issues,arise your own or reply to others

here is my topic:

Should hanging be legal in the uk?

The next guy to conspire to treason shall be hung, if the law of brendo is passed:lol:

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

i am law-maker

next law: cpt.mccloud to be a king (gets to choose his queen!)

sunfinrach and Foosoo, you both have great points. To me i do believe there should be some death penalty everywhere. But to its use should be judged. For instance if someone has killed 1 man he shouldnt get the death penalty. But if he has killed many he should. But also in mind if he has killed many then him staying in jail all his life is prob a lot worse then him dying right then and there, with all the sh*t he will go through. So i believe it can go either way...

Here is the states, if u molest a little girl the guards shave ur eyebrows off so the rest of the inmates know why you are there and lets just say that even the fierce killers of the world dont stand for that crap.

Last edited:
Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

i am law-maker

next law: cpt.mccloud to be a king (gets to choose his queen!)

Either, you dress as a drag queen or Rach gets some spare time:lol:

Meh i have to oblige my king :lol:

anyway

i stand by my verdict hanging should be lega becuase i heard about a guy who got beat up so bad he died by a bunch of deliquents. He was killed in front of his very own kids

Bliss said:
To me i do believe there should be some death penalty everywhere. But to its use should be judged. For instance if someone has killed 1 man he should get the death penalty. But if he has killed many he should. But also in mind if he has killed many then him staying in jail all his life is prob a lot worse then him dying right then and there, with all the sh*t he will go through. So i believe it can go either way...

I see what you mean, sadly over here those type of people get a cell to themselves with TVs and game consoles, not forgetting three meals a day. =/ But if that got changed then yeah it would be okay.

Bliss said:
Here is the states, if u molest a little girl the guards shave ur eyebrows off so the rest of the inmates know why you are there and lets just say that even the fierce killers of the world dont stand for that crap.

Woah that's interesting, I'm not sure if that happens over here. I've never heared of it happen. I know a prison warden, I'll have to ask him.

Oh and Jam, I'll be Queen McCLOUD XD (only if we live on a diet of McDonalds and take aways, and are very, very rich!)

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
Should hanging be legal in the uk?

No. Killing someone is a terrible thing, and yet to punish a murderer we kill them? Doesn't that stink of hypocrisy? Plus there's always the possibility of a wrongful conviction (DNA evidence is not infallible).

nevver thought of the DNA thing great another reason to backtrack my ides

p.s how long should this topic continue?

I'd give it a day or two, I bet there's a lot of people who would have some good opinions on this, when it starts to die down start another.

surfinrach90 said:
Just kill him. Life should equal life.
The only problem with the "eye for an eye" concept is that everyone ends up blind.

Personally, I feel that there shouldn't be a death penalty. Anyone who is capable of doing the kinds of things that would otherwise require the death sentence are obviously mentally unwell, and should be treated as such.

Oh, and I wish people would stop talking about the public sector and tax: we all pay into the tax pot, whenever we buy things, when we need clothes, when we have jobs. Everyone pays in, even illegal immigrants.

It would also help if there was a crime prevention centre, so that people who do have incidious thoughts can actually go somewhere where they won't be persecuted and get the psychological help they need, rather than being a ticking time bomb.

Besides, one cannot prove completely that one is a murderer/rapist etc... without at least a tiny bit of uncertainty, even if a court of law thinks it knows completely. Can we risk state murder based on less than 100% accuracy?

Squall7 said:
Personally, I feel that there shouldn't be a death penalty. Anyone who is capable of doing the kinds of things that would otherwise require the death sentence are obviously mentally unwell, and should be treated as such.

I feel the exact opposite, to me if u are capable to commit the crime u should be capable to accept it. Mentally challenge should have nothing to do with it. Please i hate when people bring that up, so many murders have gotten away with stuff just cuz the pleaded insane. Its bull crap. Unles u have a mental record your entire life then you should be judged for ur crime.

Squall7 said:
Besides, one cannot prove completely that one is a murderer/rapist etc... without at least a tiny bit of uncertainty, even if a court of law thinks it knows completely. Can we risk state murder based on less than 100% accuracy?

Yes you can, you can prove anything. DNA is everywhere, hair, sperm, skin folics and prints...granted its not everything you see on the tv shows but its damn near close. My brother goes to school for forensic and the crap he shows me blows my mind on how people get caught.

Bliss said:
I feel the exact opposite, to me if u are capable to commit the crime u should be capable to accept it. Mentally challenge should have nothing to do with it. Please i hate when people bring that up, so many murders have gotten away with stuff just cuz the pleaded insane. Its bull crap. Unles u have a mental record your entire life then you should be judged for ur crime.

Your argument supposes that anyone is truly insane has to have been that way since childhood. I'll admit I'm no psychologist, but I'm fairly sure a person can become mentally disturbed later in life through various means.

Yes you can, you can prove anything. DNA is everywhere, hair, sperm, skin folics and prints...granted its not everything you see on the tv shows but its damn near close. My brother goes to school for forensic and the crap he shows me blows my mind on how people get caught.

Like I said, DNA evidence is not infallible. Any good scientist can tell you no experiment or measurement can ever be 100% perfect, and if there's even the slightest hint of doubt, when someone's life is at stake it's better to err on the side of caution.

Back