European release date for Opera Wii browser

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
According to the Official Nintendo Sweden website, the Opera web browser will be available to download from December 23rd, 2006 in Europe.

Its also believed this Nintendo Xmas present will also apply to North America.

Link: http://nintendo.se/

cool. and its free till summer 07.

Hopefully I get my Wii. I'm going with my older bro today at midnight to see if I can get myself a Wii, we agreed that if we can't get one from stores we are gonna rob someone. I wish I was joking; I wish I get a Wii.

Gonna leave soon. wish me luck.

what happens after summer? i know it's not free after then, but do we have to pay a 1time fee or a monthly?

wele said:
what happens after summer? i know it's not free after then, but do we have to pay a 1time fee or a monthly?

How many times this has been debated i dont know- i think we all came to the conclusion that once you downloaded it, its free... FOREVER. The only ones who have to pay are those who buy their wii after July 07... At least i think thats right. So many people saying differant thinks i forget whats fact and fiction!

Great to here that not sure weather i'd use it much tho, unless it's better than FF it's probably easier for me to turn my PC on.

Ok, I could be wrong here, but I have a suspicion that the opera broswer may not be free at all. Now, once again, I am not going to try and convince anyone that this is an absolute truth, but just from some simple observations I am beginning to think it may not be.

For example. if you access the shop channel now and click on the Wii Ware button, you see the picture of the opera browser channel with a google image. Now it says on this window that new wii channels can be PURCHASED via this window. This leads me to believe that it is a possibilty, not a definite reality, that at the very least in the future that there may be a pricing scheme involved.

Once again, it is quite possible that we may get it for free, as a sort of Christmas present if you will. However, at the same time, the Wii Ware channel appears to built to use wii points, so at the very least updates in the future will require points.

i'd like to know why it's free only until july 2007. not only does this not make any sense, but it makes less sense than no sense. nintendo makes not only my head hurt, but the pain is even in my teeth right now.

it's like saying a thing...not saying it for a little while...and then saying it again...

Last edited:
nork said:
i'd like to know why it's free only until july 2007. not only does this not make any sense, but it makes less sense than no sense. nintendo makes not only my hurt, but the pain is even in my teeth right now.

it's like saying a thing...not saying it for a little while...and then saying it again...
You don't make sense.. :wtf:

it gives people time to try it out, then if they like it they will purchase it.

they want money!

also... if there happens to be a way for wii users to hack up the browser, nintendo wants to get paid for them to hack it up... smart move ^_^

Back