Opera free trial available Dec 22

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Nintendo have today announced that on December 22, a free trial version of the Opera Web browser will be available to Wii owners.

Users will be able to download a free trial of the Opera browser to activate the Internet Channel of the Wii Menu and begin surfing the Web.

“In addition to providing innovative and exciting new ways to play, Wii also offers further services and entertainment for all the family. This newest Wii Menu Channel is just the latest example of how we are doing this” says Nintendo of Europe Marketing Director, Laurent Fischer. “Wii is the perfect console for everyone to enjoy and this is being reflected in the phenomenal sales across Europe. ”

“Our software brings the power and reach of the Internet to the hottest video game system available,” says Scott Hedrick, Executive Vice President, Devices at Opera Software. “Wii’s unique interface adds a new dimension to our browser, making it a useful tool that the whole family will enjoy operating with ease.”

The final version of the Opera browser will be available at the end of March 2007, and will be free for all Wii owners to download through the end of June. After June 2007, the browser will be available for download in the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii Points.

via Press Release

I just spotted this on the nintendo europe site!

About time too though, I thought they had forgotten all about us. This is a good move for Nintendo, a lot of people were getting frustrated about the browser.

Some good sites around for playing some games, wiicade being one of them :)

I look forward to getting all these new channels on my Wii, though I doubt I'll use them much :p its like I love getting lil random presents for Christmas, just for the fact of having something new :D

sounds good,is it true that its free,cause ive been reading nintendo magazine and they said you have to download it,but it wont cost you and wii points.

finaly... but what do they mean when they said the final opera version will be released in march? does it mean that the brownser thats coming on friday wont let you surf anywhere on the internet only a few sites?

I think it means the core browser itself, I don't think they are done with it yet and will add more stuff to it

500 points would be...FOREVER!

Although will this version allow you to use flash!

epikon said:
is that 500 points forever? or just a month?
No if you read the artical it said when it comes out in march it will be free to all Wii users untill June 2007 then it will only be availble (<--Speeling :sick: ) in the Wii shop channel for 500 Wii points. :yesnod:

Joe said:
Although will this version allow you to use flash!
I'm not sure but that would be awsome. You could play those fun little games and watch those cool stick fighting videos lol.

you could also watch free TV.....I do have TV, but not in my room!

Back