Full Wii Opera Browser Now Available

I downloaded it last night.
I like the loading disk when loading pages.
The zoom feature is nice and so is the blue ring when you click something.
It also looks a lot cleaner.
Sleeker. It's a definite upgrade.

kingkoy said:
using it to write this hope they make a keyboard i like that b arrow thing AWESOME

I really do not see the point in having a keyboard for the Wii. Really, how much typing are you planning on doing on your Wii? Personally, I will only be using the browser for online shopping, booking tickets and general surfing of the web.

i) Why would you want to use it for posting on forums? Do you lack a PC? - doubtful. If you want to type loads, use a proper machine.

ii) The email function on the system is almost totally pointless. You can only email those (Wii account) who have accepted your 'link'.

It does get annoying when you want to log into things and you have to repeatedly type email addresses or username in. They could at least let you add custom words to the dictionary or maybe have a 'hot list' of words you regularly use. Would make it much easier and a keyboard would then not be needed.

is it really that hard to type? plus, i planned to add parental controls, so i was wondering (ifs that how it works) as i type in my pwd would people who were next to me know what i was typing (idk how else they'd work but you never know :? ) >.> and so i can ask an internet question, you CAN sign in on msn/yahoo etc. right?

Solard said:
is it really that hard to type?
It's possible but still something that, for me at least, is a slow and rather problematic alternative to using a computer. Until a keyboard or something of that ilk comes out I doubt I'll ever use the internet channel. I downloaded the update all the same.

I noticed the light was on at midnight a couple days ago and downloaded it then. It's pretty good ^__^ I was just hoping for copying and pasting.

I barely ever use it, though. It's much more convenient to just use my lappy.

Orb Isn:t Running Right

So I have been waiting patiently for this new browser and finally get it installed.
I start watching a stream from my computer through MYCAST and ORB.......log in as usual and it starts working just as usual. As I get Fifteen minutes into it, it just stops and says that the page is too big and I NEED TO RELOAD..........Please don't tell me that this is a permanent problem.
Is anyone else having a problem?

petergriffinrulz said:
you have to go to wii store wii ware and download the internet browser again.
I did, I just said that, I had the trial version when it came out, the process of downloading the new web browser is called updating, why else do you think the download was so fast? (not a chance for the Mario running and jumping guy download screen to come up)

let me put it this way.....I saw my blue pulsating DVD-ROM light, so I turned on my television, my surround decoder, and my Wii. I clicked on my message area and there was a message from nintendo telling me to run the system update, so I installed the system update. I closed out of messages and clicked on Wii shop channel. I clicked on Wii Ware and updated my web browser (downloaded the new web browser, not system update), the web browser update download was so fast that the download screen didn't even show, it finished and went back to the Wii Ware screen, so I exited out of the Shop Channel and looked at the web browser, there was no proof that it even updated, it still even said "Trial Version". I opened the web browser channel and checked out some web pages, during the time I was visiting different channels, I tried to get rid of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, it would not dissapear, the the Wii need to restart or someting? I have not turned it back on yet

[edit]I even have the downloaded and updated tabs on the download

Last edited:
Just incase anyone has tried to download the new browser and it still says "trial version" you either need to remove the old trial first or click the download for the browser then the update link on the Wiiware site. Once done it won't say trial anymore.

Its really a big improvement over the trial, a lot faster and more stable. Like everyone says get it now while its free!

mine was flashing me its blue light when i came home from work....it made me ditch other things to see wat it was

mine started to flash and tell me it was avalible 12 hours AFTER I already downloaded it!!!

If i connect to the net and download the browser, will i be able to disconnect and then reconnect later and still have it or will it be erased

hi my name is limabean if anyone wants to add my wii number its 6291361121603579, but if u do pleaes post that you did so i can add yours

Back