Full Wii Opera Browser Now Available

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
[xFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/wii-opera.jpg[/xFLOAT]After a long wait and a few delays along the way im sure many of you will be happy to finally get your sweaty mits on the full opera Wii browser.

After running today's brand new Wii update you'll find the full Opera software in the Shop Channel - yay!

Users of the Trial Version will notice its improved usability of the full version. The browser now features a manual zoom, in addition to the automatic mode available in the previous version, allowing more viewing flexibility. When zooming in and out, texts are kept crisp and readable at all sizes. The new version of the Internet Channel also features improved scrolling functionality, as well as collapsible toolbars and multiple on-screen cursors.

Search functions have become an essential part of our everyday Internet experience, with many of us selecting a search engine as our home page. To reflect the impact of search functions on our browsing experience, the Internet Channel now features an in-built function allowing users to query terms without having to go to a search engine. Wii owners are given the choice of selecting either Yahoo! Search or Google as pre-selected search engines to power their inbuilt search button. The selection can be changed at any time. Users will also have the ability to easily access Nintendo, Yahoo!, Google and My Opera from pre-loaded bookmarks.

Make sure you go ahead and grab it as this full version is only free for a limited amount of time. After June 30th 2007 the Opera download will set you back 500 Wii Points.

chain blade said:
Thanks i0n,but i think we all know!:D

Hmmmmmmm... nope didn't know the new browser was up already.... maybe you should speak for yourself instead of everyone here?... so sad so sad...:frown2:

slumlordkuype said:
Hmmmmmmm... nope didn't know the new browser was up already.... maybe you should speak for yourself instead of everyone here?... so sad so sad...:frown2:

Checked your wii-mail lately? I got a message on there before noticing it here.

Will it cost 500 Wii points for all or for a month?

It should be free forever if you download it before they start charging to download it... so download it now and don't format your Wii EVER!!! lol...

I once formatted my Wii out of intrigue and the online shop remembered my Wii's MAC adress and let me re-download all of my VC games so it shouldn't matter if you format.

Just found out. As long as you have it NOW, you wont have to spend a dime. You will need to pay 500 to download it after June though.

I wonder about that "free forever if you get it <June 30" bit.

With a little as I use the Wii's browser, I do have to wonder if I leave the beta on there, will an update eventually deactivate it. They have to have some method for doing that already implemented.

And if you think about it, if they can do that, what's to stop them from taking other things from you? The user licenses certainly allows for doing so even though you've "paid for it".

just me thinking thoughts....

I think its going to be deactivated after June, so thats why everyone is going to have to pay. I THINK, I DONT KNOW!!! But, Its good, I huess. Update it anyway right now so it will be free.

I can't get it! Server is too dang busy!!

I like the updated version - it's actualy useable.

They've sorted out the resolution / zoom / and blured text problems.

Well done Nintendo!

Back