Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

wii in korea

Hi everyone.

So I got a Nintendo Wii from the states and am having trouble getting it to work. I first used a travel adapter and that worked for about 2 weeks then it busted. I then used another travel adapter and it works but only for a few minutes and then my power goes out. So I bought one of those big step down voltage converters and it's doing the same thing as the last travel adapter. Oh, and with all three there have been these lines going across the screen. Ahhh, it's so frustrating, I just wanna play some damn boxing.

Does anyone have ideas as to what the problem is?

I have had the same problem with the power light turning on, but the system screen does not come up. I connected my wi-fi last night and went to play today and it won't work. The only way I could get it to shut off was to hold the power button. When I push the power again it comes on green but the screen is still blank.

Disk Error? Or My Wii?

I have had my wii for about a few months now and recently im noticing that whenever i play SSX Blur. While the game loads or something...the wii makes a fairly loud crackle noise. The game is reading fine (no freezes or anything) its just a loud crackle. I also have NFS:C and Zelda and they dont make that noise. Is there something wrong? Its a little loud and somewhat annoying. Is this normal? Has this happened to you? Is my CD drive broken? It only does it with this game.HELP

Sovieto said:
Wiimotes not working.

1. It is NOT the batteries
2. I keep syncing then they unsync by itself
3. can only sync 1 at a time
4. after it turns off button clicking just results in flash
5. whenever i click them they flash
6. both stopped working at the same time
7. not lights or sensor bar (sense it was working before fine)

SAME PROBLEM! i tried all the trouble shooting stuff to no avail..

Eleron said:
Hi,

I've had my Wii for a couple of weeks now, all started off good, but I've noticed some graphic glitches creeping into my Wii console and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. Basically I'm thinking I have to send my console back to be looked at. This glitch happens in the menu, in games, basically everywhere. I have 3 images showing this -

The Wii menu - glitches circled in red -

Wii_Glitch1.jpg

In Game Image, glitch most visible around the white text -

Wii_Glitch2.jpg

Black text on a white background shows the glitch to fill effect -

Wii_Glitch3.jpg

I've tried everythig I can think of to try solve the problem, changed the TV Mhz settings, changed with input on my TV it uses, and lastly I bought a component cable to use 480p, no change. Anything else I can try (other than takeit back to the shop)?

The TV's a 42inch LG Plasma - no other consoles I plug into it (ie Xbox360) display these glitches.

Thanks!

I have this same damn problem... :mad5:

Whirring power unit in standby mode?!

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but my search came up with nothing so here goes....

Does anyone elses power unit make a whirring noise when the Wii is in standby mode?!

Its perfectly fine when the Wii is turned on but when in standby mode is makes a constant whirring noise that, although not overly loud, gets quite annoying!! I like the idea of WiiConnect24 but theres no way I'd leave my Wii turned on with that noise going on!

I'm just concerned that it I have a faulty power unit it could be dangerous!

Other than that I'm enjoying my new Wii immensely!! :)

I am having a problem. I have had my Wii for 3 months now. When i updated my system for the everybody votes channel and the new internet channel today. It updates, but when i go to menu those channels dont pop up at all. I go to data management and the save data menu's and they are not listed at all for being saved on the wii or saved anywhere for that matter. I have come to the conclusion that my wii has no more internel memory left there for it doesnt save it. I dont have much saved on the wii's memory. Just i think 2 blocks of LoZ:TP, the internet trail version channel, and some other channel, news or something. Would just buying an SD card and saving the channels on the SD solve the problem, or is something wrong with my wii?

Wii works, wii doesn't

my wii is usually awesome and doesnt give me any trouble except for the expected misread swing on tiger woods 07. but lately it has been acting weird. I popped in red steel and the buttons on the nunchuck were fine but it wouldnt flip the table when i moved it. I tried both chucks I have and even restarted the game. I then popped in call of duty 3 and the reload on the chuck worked fine (red steel used to be fine until now). Then just got super paper mario and the wiimote when it told me to shake it when i was frozen did not respond and I died. and trust me i tried shaking it all different ways. soft smooth and then like a banshee at all different heights and levels to the sensor bar. is it my wii, or the games?

R0DJOh said:
I have this same damn problem... :mad5:

I also had this exact same problem (mine wasnt quite as severe). I called Nintendo up, finally got through, explained the problem - said i'd tried it on my HDTV and old CRT, using component and composite cables and its still present. He said send it in and they'll fix / replace the system. Mailed it yesterday on special delivery - he said I should get it back in about a week.

I'll let you know how it goes if anyones interested.

Second Wiimote Not Working!

I love playing games like Smooth Moves, Wii Play and Wii Sports with friends and family but recently, I've notice a very annoying problem! :mad5: When I try to play a game with two remotes the second will always un-sync, and will do so straight away if I re-sync it. It isn't just the remote either because I have tried using both remotes as second player and both do not connect to the wii.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give. :smilewinkgrin:

Update: Having tested it more thoroughly(sp?) I've worked out that it only happens on WarioWare: Smooth Moves, so it would not seem to be a hardware problem.

Update2: Turns out that WarioWare doesn't even use 2 remotes so in the end both this and the topic I made in the gaming forum were pretty stupid! :( I suppose I need to do my research before I post a problem!

Last edited:
Here goes! Bez: I suggest you call nintendo. Xairi: Have you downloaded a ton of games off wii shop? If so delete some. It hurts ,but it's worth it. Wiiman: Try restarting the wii. If it's still not working, replace the batteries, Lastly, Dream: Get wiiplay. It syncs the best. Plus, it's an awesome game.

Just wondering if there are 2 different lenses, 1 for the Game Cube and one for the Wii discs because my Wii reads game cube discs just fine... it will no longer read Wii discs. I think the 4-year-old my bf lives with may have dropped it. It's sincerely pissing me off.

The other part of it is that my boyfriend tried to open up the Wii to fix it and you can't fix it because you need some bizarre screwdriver for it... it's not a phillips and it's not flathead, it's this weird 3 way or y shaped hole.

Xairi said:
I am having a problem. I have had my Wii for 3 months now. When i updated my system for the everybody votes channel and the new internet channel today. It updates, but when i go to menu those channels dont pop up at all. I go to data management and the save data menu's and they are not listed at all for being saved on the wii or saved anywhere for that matter. I have come to the conclusion that my wii has no more internel memory left there for it doesnt save it. I dont have much saved on the wii's memory. Just i think 2 blocks of LoZ:TP, the internet trail version channel, and some other channel, news or something. Would just buying an SD card and saving the channels on the SD solve the problem, or is something wrong with my wii?

Very simple solution. Nothing is wrong with your Wii. After you update your system you have to go to the Wii Shop channel. Then go to Wii software and download the channels. Simple.

i got my wii on friday 13th :( the disk drive didnt work and when i rang nintendo they said to send it to them and they will replace it
has any1 else done this cause im just wondering how long il have to wait till i get the replacement :(

Back