Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

pressa said:
I have an odd problem, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I got a Wii, and I got Rayman. When we play Rayman, we get a message on the menu screen that says please position yourself closer, when we're already about 5 feet away. A friend has the same game, and he brought his game over, and it works fine, we can be 8 feet away, but our game doesn't work. I returned the game today, and the new game does the same thing the old one does.

Has anyone ever ran into this problem? I've checked out Nintendo's site, and I haven't found anything. I did contact Ubisoft and they said to return the game. I don't see how it's a problem with the Wii itself because our friend's game works fine.

try to move the sensor bar about 3 feet from you, but away from the tv, so you are about 7 feet from the tv and 3 feet from the sensor. then move it back by feet towards the tv, if still happnes, maybe check what could be interfiering, but it doesn't make sense that your friends rayman works fine. so return it and try the new one

retro_joe said:
One problem with it, i turned it off one day, and it hasn't turned back on since, i've tried it on several TV's around the house and the video just seems dead. i can hear the background music from the channel selection, but the video is no go. o_O

make sure the connections are well connected, specially to the wii, if not get a component cable and try it, if it doesn't work call nintendo, if you have the component cable, try it with the original cable.

Mau said:
make sure the connections are well connected, specially to the wii, if not get a component cable and try it, if it doesn't work call nintendo, if you have the component cable, try it with the original cable.

Component plugs are already taken on my TV. not buying $50 component plugs if i'm not going to switch sorry. Call nintendo i guess.. (sigh, customer support ftl..):frown2:

Wrath of the Wii Remote God.

So I seem to have a jolly dandy of a pickle chaps and chapesses,

Gone are the wonder days of my Wii Remote when it worked and the rapture, joy and adulation were to be had. They ended, indeed, when my first generation faulty strap decided to 'a splode' and sent my Remote sailing happily across the room. Happily, of course, until it connected and consequently dented the hardwood on a couch. Afterwards, it worked for awhile, maybe three or so days. After such a time it decided to infuriate and annoy, lying utterly dormant; useless. School began and I got to work, and I figured I'd get around to getting it replaced. You see this eve', I tried to jolly well 'Re-sync' the insanity of that Madness Remote, and many times it refused to come up with the happy flashing lights, still, apparently useless. Aye. So eventually to my surprise after trying it about half an hour later, 'lo and behold, the LEDs are calling my name. Hence, I then pressed the Sync on the console near the SD slot, and after about twenty seconds the LEDs subside. So I figure, huzzah, the madness has ceased, victory is mine. I go to use the little guy, and he tells me, 'Oh no, wait, I'm actually not going to work, I was merely taunting you.' So I turn the Wii on and off, and nothing. No cursor. Nothing. Needless to say I tried to sync it several more times to no avail. Now, like before it does nothing. It is dormant. Everything is plugged in correctly, and isn't dirty. The batteries are fine. I have no idea what the ray to do.

Suggestions? DX

My only quarrels/reservations with sending it to be replaced under the warranty is that it is going to take at least a month or so to arrive; and the fact that it seemed to work on occasion, albeit intermittently.

Last edited:
Lockups

I've had the Wii about 3 weeks and I love it. However, sometimes when I play Heatseeker it locks up. Does anyone else have the experience. I don't have any problem with any other game.

Ok i have just been having a "System Files Corrupted" message and was wondering what i need to do to get rid of it?

making a lot of noise

so heres is the deal i was board one day and i felt like playing some of my old game cube games on my wii right so any i put in a game it think it was the starwars rebel strike game and it was making alot of noise so i took the game out to clean it off and a noticed that it had scartches all over it so i thought that the scratches must have been the source of the problom but i turned the wii back on and it made onw loud scratching noise so i shut off the power and then turned the wii back on and it went back to meking its normol sounds. has anyone else here ever had a problom like this and also dose your wii make just as much noise playing gamecube discs as much as it dose playing wii discs

Wiimote not working

the only part about my wii mote that works is the buttons...the sensor doesnt work on games like bowling golf ect...HELP!!! ino its not the senspor bar because the 2nd controller works fine on any game

Last edited:
Joytech killed my Wii-Mote's (maybe)

I just got a joytech powerstation and connected the new packs to 2 of my wii-mote's.

left them to charge over night and when I tried them they would not power on or do anything.

No lights on them both!

So i put some normal battery's in one to check the sync etc but still no lights or function.

Tried the battery's in the other and still dead. :mad2:

check them in my 3rd and they are a working set. (3rd being untouched by the battery packed from the powerstation)

So my question is, wtf has gone wrong?

any idea's on how to reset a wi-mote if it will not power up?

I have 2 dead wii-mote's now :(

or do I start screaming at amazon and joytech about their wii-mote killing product?

My wii gave me the disk read problem quite often.. it was usually for wii sports and a couple of times with wiiplay.

Today i got the problem with Zelda TP, as well as wiiplay and wii sports. i got the error message 5 times in a row, no matter what game I was using. So I gave Nintendo a call and spoke to a very helpful, well mannered, FLUENT speaking employee who confirmed that sadly, my wii is defective.

They emailed me Purolator information, and I am sending out my wii for repairs this monday. It takes a couple of days to get to them, and will take up to 12 days upon receiving it for them to fix it and send it back to me.

I will keep updating in this thread.

EDIT: I forgot to ask one thing. For the people who have sent their wii's to Nintendo for repair and received them back, were they able to save your Mii's and saved games? like wii sports high scores and Mii experience levels and such?

Thanks

Last edited:
roflcopterz said:
I had a problem with my wii remote's batteries dying, then the remote not working when i replaces the batteries(wouldnt resync). However, thanks to this forum it now works again ^_^ Pointing the remote at the sensor bar rather than the console or TV screen helps a lot. All I did was turn on the console, press the sync button on the console and the remote At the same time, while pointing the remote at the sensor bar. This worked like a charm. Sorry if repost.

I think I have the same problem(ecept not the batteries dying) but when you resync do you lose any memory at all? thats my prob.HELP!!!!

Last edited:
Wii freezing problems

I have been having problems with Wii freezing in the middle of games , and looking through the threads it's not uncommon .
The first party titles work perfectly , (Zelda , Wii sport & Wii play ) but most of the third party titles I've tried encounter problems .
DBZ stopped everywhere but most annoyingly , the game kept freezing at the part where you use Gohan and Videl to defeat the big bug . The Wii needed to be turned off & on , When you restart your game it freezes at the exact same spot .
MOH Vangaurd couldn't be hurried when selected from the Wii chanel menu . You had to watch the Wii-mote and Nun-chuck strap warning play through or you would be in trouble .When you got through that it ran sweet .
And SSX blur is just painful . It freezes up the machine after only a few minutes of play .It seems to happen randomly anywhere . Also sometimes the graphics look like they have been smashed by a hammer .
Is this a console problem ? Is it a software developers problem ? Could it be a hurried translation to PAL version (NZ/AUST) ?
I'm just having a rant and don't necessarily need an answer , but I am getting frustrated with these problems .

Internet trouble

For a good 2 months ive being trying to connect my wii to the net but noyhings worked :mad2::mad2:.I tryed countless things but nothings worked i keep coming up with this error:
ERROR 51330 UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.CHOOSE INTERNET SETTINGS AND CONFIRM CONNECTION.
But nintendo.com says that the error 51330 is :
The Wii console is not able to connect to the access point.
Which is true?
I have a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz/54Mbps Broadband Router, i have tryed ever person instructions on how to connect the wii to the net with a linksys router. any help would be much appreitated. thanks.

Ok, I have a problem. When I plug in my Wii, the light turns red. However, when I try to eject the disc or turn on the power, the light shuts off entirely. If I unplug and replug the AC Adapter, it turns red again, but the problem repeats itself when I try to turn it on. I replaced the AC Adapter, so it's not that...

Back